Voir et Savoir 1/144 - Me 262

Started by strobez, February 18, 2020, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Very good mate.
:thumbsup:

Is it me or have Trumpeter got something slightly off with the canopy?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

Thanks guys.  The really hard work was in hiding the wires.  After that it just kinda fell into place.  I'm obviously no expert, but the canopy looks okay to me... but then I'm not that picky either.

I should also point out, for the eagle eyed among you, that this set of builds made me decide that "close enough" was "good enough" as far as the unit markings and aircraft registration numbers go.  HergĂ© more or less just made them up, and since some are hard to know for sure, I figured there's no point in trying to kill myself trying to sort out the decal demands on that front.  So, even though the pic calls for plane "9" I have a white "5" on the nose instead.  I'm okay with that... ;)

As with the others, the blog's been updated, so feast your eyes - http://strobez.ca/wp/index.php/2020/03/10/43-messerschmitt-me-262/
Thanks!

Greg

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on March 09, 2020, 11:30:10 PM
Thanks guys.  The really hard work was in hiding the wires.  After that it just kinda fell into place.  I'm obviously no expert, but the canopy looks okay to me... but then I'm not that picky either.

I should also point out, for the eagle eyed among you, that this set of builds made me decide that "close enough" was "good enough" as far as the unit markings and aircraft registration numbers go.  HergĂ© more or less just made them up, and since some are hard to know for sure, I figured there's no point in trying to kill myself trying to sort out the decal demands on that front.  So, even though the pic calls for plane "9" I have a white "5" on the nose instead.  I'm okay with that... ;)

As with the others, the blog's been updated, so feast your eyes - http://strobez.ca/wp/index.php/2020/03/10/43-messerschmitt-me-262/

I'm not usually picky.  But something about it is nagging at me.  Maybe it's the shock of it being so small?  What's a fear of small things called?

I'm with you on the markings. Change them, make them up, doesn't matter.  There could have been one just like the one you made that was never photographed and so, in the eyes of the reference hound it never existed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

strobez

Thanks!

Greg