#Done# Royal Syldavian Navy SAB seaplane fighter, 1930s (Tintin)

Started by AndrewF, February 25, 2020, 02:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewF

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 19, 2020, 04:34:28 AM

How do you go out to get it in the first place?  :-\

You either download it, fill it out and print it, or write it out by hand. It's a signed affidavit, so it's like swearing on oath legally that you're doing what it says on the form. So if you fill it out to say you're going to the shops for urgent food supplies and you get stopped by the police, if you're still wandering around hours later with some friends and the police stop you again, you get fined. I think it's a 35€ fine, but it can go up to 140€.

NARSES2

I did wonder how that was going to work Andrew. Thank you and best of luck.

Quote from: AndrewF on March 19, 2020, 04:59:33 AM
, you get fined. I think it's a 35€ fine, but it can go up to 140€.

The BBC Brussels correspondent at lunchtime said that similar moves there would result in a warning the first time and then up to a 4,000€. fine the second time ? Or even a prison spell for repeat offenders.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AndrewF

Yes, in Italy it's a 600€ fine and a year in jail for repeat offenders...

AndrewF

On a happier note, I've finished this - I'll add a backstory later:

AndrewF

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

AndrewF

Thanks everyone! Here's the background:

The H.C.125 was a metal and wood single-seat mid-wing cantilever monoplane with twin floats, powered by a 1,780 hp (1,327 kW) Hispano Suiza 19R W-18 piston engine. It was an enlarged military version of the H.V.120 Schneider Trophy racing seaplane, and flew for the first time at Hourtin on 25 March 1932. Development was delayed due to technical issues as the aircraft was overweight, which meant the engine mount and forward fuselage had to be redesigned. The aircraft had a metal two-bladed Chauvière propeller with a 37mm SAMC semi-automatic cannon firing through the propeller hub as a moteur-canon.

Twenty-one machines were bought by the Royal Syldavian Navy in 1933, to equip three naval fighter squadrons - all based at the naval base in the Adriatic port city of Dbrnouk. They were delivered in the standard French seaplane camouflage scheme of Gris-bleu foncé upper surfaces and Gris-bleu clair lower surfaces. One example (number 19) was stripped of paint and armament in the summer of 1935 to compete in regional inter-service air races.

The H.C.125 was obsolete by the outbreak of war in 1939, but remained in Syldavian Navy service until the mid-1940s.

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on March 20, 2020, 03:45:24 AM

beautiful !

the wood version especially

I would like to be associated with both of those comments  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.