Aussie Marines AAVA-7A1: Finished Pics Page Four.

Started by zenrat, February 26, 2020, 03:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Some paint.
You can't see it in this picture but the area behind where the tracks go and the underside are all Camo Green.
AAV WIP 01-04-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Camo Brown is next.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Slight delay.  I've realised I need to attach the front track covers before proceeding with painting and if I do that then I won't be able to get the tracks on.
So i've switched to painting the tracks.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Tracks on.
The gap at the front will be hidden by photoetch track guards.
AAV WIP 14-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

You run out of track links or patience, Fred? :angel: :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Patience.  The part from the front road wheel to the drive sprocket kept detaching itself and in the end offering up the track guard showed any missing links would be hidden.  So I gave up.
No-one will ever know, right?
;)
AAV WIP 15-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Having previously carved off the moulded track guards I today discovered that the PE replacements fouled the tracks and so had to make styrene spacers.
I have some teeny tiny brass rivets to fit into the holes along the top edge of the track guards (why? am I an idiot?) and then I will mask the tracks and commence painting.

I almost ordered more 1/35 armour today.  A Miniart South Lebanon Arny Heavy APC 54.  Basically a T-54 sans turret.  It looks good and being open topped there would be a point in having an interior.  But then I saw it had individual track links.  Waaaack wooooooorrr.  No sale.
Fred

rickshaw

I find plastic tracks a hell of a lot easier and with some special application of thread, they lie realistically on the wheels.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Link and length.  That's the way.
Mind you, this is only the third 1/35 tracked vehicle i've built.  And there was a gap of at least 30 years between the first and the second.
No, after this, and the short barrelled Panzer IV in the stash, all my tracked armour builds will be 1/48.  Only wheeled armour in 1/35.  Well, apart from the odd half track.
Fred

zenrat

First of the Auscam shades.
Camo Brown.
AAV WIP 16-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

It does look like "flesh" doesn't it.
Possibly due to the lighting.  A very brilliant white led work light.  Harsh for photography but excellent for painting.
Fred

PR19_Kit

But didn't you just paint it all green with speckeldy bits?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

No.  I painted it all grey and put some black in the area behind the tracks.  I then painted this area green.  In those processes some paint got on the rest of it.  That didn't matter as it acts as preshading and gives the pink a mottled look.
I decided to use the lightest colour of the Auscam set as the base coat.  Although IRL they paint armour all over green (or darker brown if they are to serve in NW Australia) before adding the other tones.
Fred

zenrat

Can you guess what it is yet?
AAV WIP 17-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Now for touch ups, filter, clear, sort some transfers, more clear, stowage, weathering etc etc.
Fred