P.1154(ish) Frankenfighter.

Started by kitbasher, February 29, 2020, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

OK, I'm in.  Probably (again) bitten off more than I can chew.  The fun begins tomorrow with NOVO Sea Vixen, old-school Airfix GR3, Heller Bobcat Harrier parts and scrapped Matchbox Hawk and Airfix F-4E remnants.

Match the bits up, glue, fill, sand and hope for the best!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

Seems you've revived the phrase "everything but the kitchen sink".  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on February 29, 2020, 10:02:53 AM
Seems you've revived the phrase "everything but the kitchen sink".  ;D

I knew I'd forgotten something!

I have actually, some underwing stores - will raid the spares box.

**EDIT** Raid done.  Matchbox Phantom, Matchbox Lightning and Airfix Tornado GR1 now in the mix!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Don't know about a kitchen sink but if you find the right Hasegawa Skyraider you can include a toilet...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

that looks " very right"  :thumbsup:
evan as a line of parts, it looks fast and stylish
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Old Wombat

I think the literally inaccurate term "cacophony of parts" may be figuratively appropriate here. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 01, 2020, 07:51:14 AM
I think the literally inaccurate term "cacophony of parts" may be figuratively appropriate here. :o

'Twas the intention (plus there's a hint of alliteration).

And the main fuselage halves are together now, with the infamous Airfix Pegasus cartwheel painted too!

Captain Canada

Oh so very cool ! That last pic has me sold ( click* save* ) what a neat looking machine so far ! Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

major

Hmmm! Interesting!
Going to follow this one closely. I also started out with the old airfix Gr.3 and Hawk trainer front fuselage, wings from AV8b,
but the rear fuselage stretch stumped me. T'is still in the 'to do' pile! :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 01, 2020, 07:04:59 AM
that looks " very right"  :thumbsup:
evan as a line of parts, it looks fast and stylish

It does, doesn't it ?  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: major on March 01, 2020, 05:54:51 PM

Hmmm! Interesting!
Going to follow this one closely. I also started out with the old airfix Gr.3 and Hawk trainer front fuselage, wings from AV8b,
but the rear fuselage stretch stumped me. T'is still in the 'to do' pile! :rolleyes:

oooh, interesting!  got very close to mating a Hawk forward fuselage to an OV-10 to make a 'British Bronco' but subsequently de-scoped (see https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45423.0.html - nearly but not finished).  had got as far as cutting up fuselages but then rejoined the Bronco bits.

ysi_maniac

Lots of surgery. I love this project, indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]