A-10 seaplane fighter

Started by kerick, February 29, 2020, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Here's the pics I promised.
Blue is the clipped Skyhawk upper wing. Much chopping was required between removing from the half finished model and what you see.

The underside. I boxed in some future wheel wells and then covered the hole thing with really thin polystyrene from a food package box.

I wrapped sandpaper around a piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe to sand a trough where the A-10 fuselage will fit. The Skyhawk parts got really thin and had to be glued back together. it will be much stronger when mounted on the A-10.

I added thick pieces of plastic to the outside edges so that I can round them off later.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2020, 05:10:22 AM
WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!  :o

I would like to second the honourable Gentleman's reaction WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!  :o

:bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Damn, ok! We're going for the gusto here!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Now that's scratchbuilding.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Thank you gentlemen!
Sanded down the saddle with 400 grit. Some fine tuning of the front mating surfaces produced a better contact with the fuselage. Going to have to work out the main gear. It will be having some very long struts. The A-10 main gear plus the Skyhawk main gear might work.
Any suggestions on a color scheme?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Can't believe its been July 10th since the last post on this project! Lots of things been going on here so maybe it will calm down and I can get something in now and then. Anyway, I cut some wheel wells in the middle bay and am gluing up some gear legs from the A-10 kit main gear and the leftover main legs from the afore mentioned Skyhawk. Still not long enough so adding some blocks inside the wheel bay. Raising the wing and adding a float makes for a tall fuselage. I'll post pics when there is more to see. I hope that is soon.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

It's good news that this nice (nicely crazy) project is not cancelled ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Not canceled at all, just delayed. Going through a period of total lack of interest in nearly everything. I think some of it is from the meds I'm taking but other factors are involved. Hoping some other things will calm down and allow some progress.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

I wish you to feel better (and I say that not egoistically to enjoy the final model, I sincerely hope you will feel good). :-\ :unsure:

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on August 28, 2020, 09:03:57 AM
I wish you to feel better (and I say that not egoistically to enjoy the final model, I sincerely hope you will feel good). :-\ :unsure:

What Tophe said.  :) 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

kerick

So now we have some legs!

A combination of A-10 legs, Skyhawk legs and some sprue.

Now I have to cut a hole for nose gear.

The whole saddle device worked very well. Attaching the wings should go well. More PSR around the saddle and a few touch ups.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

An amphibious A-10 is even more complicated to build then a genuine A-10 seaplane. Congratulations for your courage and skills. :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Holy crap, dude.  This is so ambitious... I can't wait to see the end result.  :blink: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-