A-10 seaplane fighter

Started by kerick, February 29, 2020, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 01, 2020, 10:09:25 PM
Holy crap, dude.  This is so ambitious... I can't wait to see the end result.  :blink: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Nor can I  :thumbsup:

That rear 3/4 view reminds me of something ? I'm sure it's of one of the few jet sea planes built but with an added something ? Whatever it's a tremendous build.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 02, 2020, 12:24:02 AM
Holy crap, dude.  This is so ambitious... I can't wait to see the end result.  :blink: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

That rear 3/4 view reminds me of something ? I'm sure it's of one of the few jet sea planes built but with an added something ? Whatever it's a tremendous build.

Maybe of a Be-42?

zenrat

...That rear 3/4 view reminds me of something ? I'm sure it's of one of the few jet sea planes built but with an added something ? Whatever it's a tremendous build.
Quote from: kerick on September 01, 2020, 07:16:15 PM

At this angle i'm getting a touch of SLUF around the nose.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 02, 2020, 12:46:09 AM

Maybe of a Be-42?

Yes, very much so.

DROOOOL over the Albatross, i wish i could afford the Anigrand one, it's a magnificent looking aeroplane.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

There's also ordinary Joe's alternative: a 1:144 kit from Zvezda?

Might be a good basis for a scale-o-rama project, e .g. a single seat jet flying boat fighter? Hmmm...  :o

PR19_Kit

I've got a Be-200 kit, but I think it's an A Model. I'm a long way from it at the moment.

The Be-200 looks fine, but there's something about the Albatross that's REALLY good.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup I think it is a Be-42 that it reminds me of Dizzy.

I can also see the Sluff likeness as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

A SLUF conversion would be very doable. Hmmmmm........
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on September 03, 2020, 08:32:22 AM
A SLUF conversion would be very doable. Hmmmmm........

With the high wings and boxy fuselage, the implantation of a boat hull be relatively easy. Just close air intake and exhaust, a T-tail and engine pods à la Be-42....

Charlie_c67

Or an in take on top a la the F-107...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

kerick

There wings attached now!! Pics will follow if I can get my phone and computer to talk to each other. I cut a hole for the nose gear too. Most of the PSR is done. I have no idea what to do about a paint scheme or even time period. Could end up anything from post WW2 to the present. Any suggestions?

A couple of pics.

The tail doesn't look so overly large now. Flaps were removed from the wings many years ago but will be used as intended.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

I have no suggestion about a realist decoration but I enjoy the shape, thanks! :thumbsup: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

It would look pretty good with colour demarkations similar to the construction.
Sea Blue hull with white underside and NMF wings, fin, and tail.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

It's looking AWESOME already!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est