A-10 seaplane fighter

Started by kerick, February 29, 2020, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I like the idea of the red star treatment! If you find yourself in an alternate situation whilst winging it, consider something South American.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 17, 2020, 04:43:44 PM
Soviet sounds good, maybe a scheme like the Yak-38 used?

Blue top and green underside?  Would look very good IMO.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on November 21, 2020, 01:24:26 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 17, 2020, 04:43:44 PM
Soviet sounds good, maybe a scheme like the Yak-38 used?

Blue top and green underside?  Would look very good IMO.

Yes, sir!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Well a little mojo has returned to this project! I attached some fiddly bits and cockpit stuff. I made an IRST for in front of the cockpit instead of the Pave Penny pod. I managed to loose the Maverick missile rails so I'm waiting for a new Hasegawa weapons set to arrive to steal some from. I'll post some pics when there is a little more to show.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

This is good news that this project starts again :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Any progress is good progress! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Thanks!
I'm still trying to decide a paint scheme. I'm leaning towards a Marines Skyhawks or Harrier type.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

YEAH!!! Nice!!  Happy to see you back at this!
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

I was looking in a Fujimi Skyhawks kit for an AAR probe to steal and I found decals including VMF-214 Blacksheep squadron! I believe a problem is solved! Might have to change the colors a little.
Tophe the Wise

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

kerick

Oh, I'm stuck at the can't make up my mind painting stage. I pretty much know what I want so just need to do it. I just completed a paint booth so that excuse is gone. It will happen soon.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

I want to get the whopper chopper done for the gunships group build so maybe next month.

MiB; thanks for asking!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

There is strange and then theres this thing.
I freakin love it ..the A 10 is a big fav of mine and anything with a GAU 8A 30mm Avenger rotary cannon is a goodin and to make a sea plane from one is brilliant.
I would have thought the 3 tone gray camo the A10 used would have worked great with is being a sea plane.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the three tone Harrier scheme. I think it's going to look pretty good.
Tophe the Wise