Lockheed-Savoia seaplanes

Started by Tophe, March 01, 2020, 06:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

And still different, with twin-hull layout (the next ones will have a single hull):
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Tophe

Thanks Ericr!

And with a single hull (and Single Float), thanks Caveman: <_<

Tophe

Tophe

THis is the last one I've found in archives (up to now): <_<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks! <_<

An overview in small size appears in my collection below:

PR19_Kit

The centre one in the bottom row had to be built with a permanent fin offset, by about 30 degrees!!!  :o ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I may try, but in which direction? (1/ front of the fin to the right/towards us or else 2/ to the left/far from us?).
Well I try to think a little by myself: the propeller on the left, with drawings, about the tractor effect made rotation and airflow on an oblique fin also rotation (in the same way increasing imbalance or else: opposite for balance), I guess my second hypothesis is the right one, yes?

PR19_Kit

With the engine way out on the port side, the aeroplane will naturally try to turn to starboard the whole time, so the fins need to counteract that by producing a port turning moment.

This would need to leading edge of the fin to be turned to starboard, like this.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks, this is matching my own conclusion (final):

I will draw the corrected P-38S soon.

Tophe

Here are 2 versions with big engine asymmetry compensated by oblique fins, and one version asymmetric while the engine is symmetric: <_<

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Caveman

Quote from: Tophe on March 04, 2020, 11:53:24 AM
Here are 2 versions with big engine asymmetry compensated by oblique fins, and one version asymmetric while the engine is symmetric: <_<

Oo, I like that one on the right.
secretprojects forum migrant

Tophe

The one you like had derivatives with 2 and 3 engines of course (like the Savoia 55/66/77): <_<