Model Expo Melbourne 2020: Cancelled

Started by comrade harps, March 14, 2020, 06:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

Looks like I won't be having my annual meet-up with Fred this year thanks to covid19.

Model Expo has announced cancellation today.

This is getting stressful.
Whatever.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

kitnut617

Well, look on the bright side, instead of wasting time at a show chin-wagging with friends, you can build more models at home --   ;D  ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

comrade harps

I'll miss the swap and smell, though. Allways stock up on from esoteric bargains.
Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: comrade harps on March 14, 2020, 04:14:57 PM
I'll miss the swap and smell, though. Allways stock up on from esoteric bargains.

Exactly.  I won't impulse purchase kits I didn't know I wanted.  E-Bay isn't as good for that because you can 't handle them and you get thinking time.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on March 15, 2020, 04:21:04 AM

Exactly.  I won't impulse purchase kits I didn't know I wanted.  E-Bay isn't as good for that because you can 't handle them and you get thinking time.

Its the difference between searching and browsing. #SpotTheLibrarian
Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: comrade harps on March 15, 2020, 04:27:22 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 15, 2020, 04:21:04 AM

Its the difference between searching and browsing. #SpotTheLibrarian

Presactly.
Fred

zenrat

This weekend should have been Model Expo.
Today should have been the Swap and Sell.

To attempt to somewhat assuage my feelings of loss I surrounded myself with overweight men of dubious hygiene and worse manners and attempted to pull kit boxes from precariously stacked piles while they elbowed me and trod on my toes.
It wasn't the same.

Hopefully this time next year all will be back to normal.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2020, 03:24:03 AM

To attempt to somewhat assuage my feelings of loss I surrounded myself with overweight men of dubious hygiene and worse manners and attempted to pull kit boxes from precariously stacked piles while they elbowed me and trod on my toes.
It wasn't the same.

So you went to work at the P.O. ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Ah right, so unless you went down the pub I'm at a loss as to your comparison. Or was it purely allegorical ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2020, 03:24:03 AM
This weekend should have been Model Expo.
Today should have been the Swap and Sell.

It wasn't the same.

Hopefully this time next year all will be back to normal.

That is gold :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2020, 05:39:27 AM
Ah right, so unless you went down the pub I'm at a loss as to your comparison. Or was it purely allegorical ?

It was humour Chris.

I did spend Sunday with Mrs z's oldest brother.  But he's pretty fastidious when it comes to personal hygiene and as ex Victoria Police if he elbows you, you stay elbowed.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2020, 04:29:08 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2020, 05:39:27 AM

It was humour Chris.

Ah, right  :unsure:  ;) I blame Lockdown for me not getting that  :-X