Main Menu

Quarantine GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 14, 2020, 08:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i just had an idea, it came to me as a joke, but i will try to be serious for a moment.
with the recent Corona outbreak, many people are stuck at home.
as modellers, we are prepared for the apocalypse so i propose the "Quarantine Group Build"  ;D

the goal, build as many models as you can, any subject, from start to finish, and whever has the most and best models by the time the quarantine measures are lifted wins. its kinda like the 1 week GB, but over an extended period of time.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

We're doing it already, it's called the 'In the Navy GB'.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I'm sure there will be a tad more building going on. I was hoping to do more restoration work on my motorcycles, but I seem to be spending most of my time fending off the disease with a steady diet of alcohol  ;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 14, 2020, 01:36:27 PM
I'm sure there will be a tad more building going on. I was hoping to do more restoration work on my motorcycles, but I seem to be spending most of my time fending off the disease with a steady diet of alcohol  ;D

That sounds good to me.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

zenrat

I have proposed to Mrs z that should we be required to self quarantine at home for two weeks due to exposure to a proven Death Flu victim we should spend one of those days drinking.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've laid in a couple of extra bottles of Burgandy, just in case  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The likelihood of quarantine is getting closer.  The teacher of a child of one of the ladies at work is rumoured to have it.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on March 15, 2020, 04:30:19 AM
I have proposed to Mrs z that should we be required to self quarantine at home for two weeks due to exposure to a proven Death Flu victim we should spend one of those days drinking.

just the one day??
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Quote from: kitbasher on March 16, 2020, 04:23:07 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 15, 2020, 04:30:19 AM

just the one day??

To start with.   ;)  At our age the ratio of drinking to recovery days is running at about 1:3.  Out of practice I guess.  It's been years since I drank a slab (24 bottles or cans) in a day.  I used to do it annually to prove to myself that I still could.
Fred

zenrat

At work, we are all getting so fed up with the constant fear mongering, stupid rumours, lies, and distortions about The Death Flu that between the hours of 10 to 11 and 3 to 4 all talk of it is banned.

Fred

dogsbody

Quote from: Ed S on March 14, 2020, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 14, 2020, 01:36:27 PM

That sounds good to me.

So, you're back home from the frozen west? I hope all is well with you. We're all good here. Outside of walking up to the mailbox Friday and out to the shed yesterday, I haven't left the house. I've barely got me arse out of this chair. I did manage to lay in some extra liquid refreshments, just in case.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

The Wooksta!

I like some of the thinking in this thread.  I myself have enough rum stashed to fill a bath but it's all really expensive stuff that I don't want to open!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Joe C-P

I encourage this!  Although I cannot participate as my supplies and kits are packed away in anticipation of an eventual move, I am modeling vicariously through you lot.  So get to building!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

AeroplaneDriver

I'd love a Quarantine GB, but the rules (Rule 6 possibly???) would stress that alcohol MUST be consumed. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitbasher

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 24, 2020, 12:25:07 PM
I'd love a Quarantine GB, but the rules (Rule 6 possibly???) would stress that alcohol MUST be consumed.

well yes, to help disinfect hands, etc.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter