DONE @p.2 +++ 1:700 HMS Cerberus (C22) during the Falklands War, 1982

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 20, 2020, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewF

zenrat

Good job Dizz.

I can't comment on the technical aspects but I have built 1/700 ships years ago and I know how fiddley they are.  This looks very good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. The water effect comes from the reflection of a white vertical background, and the paper's structure with major "waves" and very small fibre "bumps". This really looks like still open water.
Maybe, with a reflecting background that features blue sky and/or some clouds, this could probably look even more convincing! At least it's something to remember, if I ever build a ship again...

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 25, 2020, 12:23:19 AM
LOL, your comments are welcome - but this goes beyond my ambition. As mantioned before, ships and their systems are not my home turf, I am just happy that the whole thing is finished now and does not look THAT bad at all. ;-)

However, many thanks for the feedback - highly appreciated (from everyone  :cheers:).

You're welcome - I wasn't trying to shoot you down, just add some information and suggestions.

Overall, the model does indeed look very nice and convincing: you have a good eye for proportion and form. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

The more I look at the beauty pics the more I like them.

It's VERY difficult to 'see' the scale of the model, so much so that it could well be a 5 ft long RC model boat floating on a lake!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yes, the black, shiny surface yields a surreal atmosphere - the model looks quite "iconic" and abstract. Really a weird effect!

NARSES2

She does look good  :thumbsup: and the back story is just spot on for those of us of a certain age, no matter in what role you were working with HMG  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.