DONE @p.2 +++ Yokosuka J1Y3 "Akaei" light fighter of the IJN, early 1945

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 27, 2020, 12:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

And also many thanks for a consideration of this one for the next Whiffies!!!  :lol:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Sport21ing on March 29, 2020, 07:19:24 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 29, 2020, 03:39:03 AM
I won't deny that. But, from my personal point of view, it's either poorly researched, or purposely edited in a fashion that's begging for skepticism, just exploiting the exotism of the designs.

Yes, true, with many butterflies prior/during the war (and alien technology), but still, with a little of imagination :D

I must partly apologize, since I found out in hindsight that the J4M actually existed as a paper project, and that some interpretations bear a strong resemblance to the depiction in the comic (including the pointed fins). It's also amazing that it looks like a twin brother of the Ki-98. However, it still was a land-based IJN fighter, so the carrier use is still fishy.  ;)

zenrat

I had a feeling you would be starting with a Vampire.   ;)

I have a weakness for inverted vertical tails.   :thumbsup:  Good job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Browsing some magazine, I recently saw photos of real world Japanese WWII aircraft. They looked a bit used. Just like this one.

Harsh conditions, or not all that good paint?

Dizzyfugu

No primer underneath. I just imagined that material scarseness could result in such a look, the undersides were left unpainted, too.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on March 30, 2020, 02:26:27 AM
I had a feeling you would be starting with a Vampire.   ;)

Well, the rear fuselage lends itself to a pusher prop conversion - either with an implanted radial engine, as seen here, but an in-line engine with a bigger spinner is also easily possible. Just the prop diameter and the correponsing  landing gear are the tricky part - but I am positively surprised how good the stance of the model looks, thanks to the short prop blades from the Dinah.

zenrat

I toyed with the idea of a piston engined Vampire but I gave up when I realised how long I would have had to make its legs.
You've done well to pull it off.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

A bit late to the party and it's almost all been said, but that has come out well  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Beautiful idea, Dizzy. A very interesting aircraft. And your beauty shots are always masterful.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Glenn Gilbertson

Interesting story, beautiful model & great photography - another triumph! :thumbsup: