DONE @p.2 +++ Yokosuka J1Y3 "Akaei" light fighter of the IJN, early 1945

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 27, 2020, 12:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

It's early again, but #3 for this GB will be a WWII mode, and an aircraft (back to the roots  :rolleyes:)l: a light, land-based IJN fighter in 1:72. Propeller-driven, pusher layout.

Stay tuned...

Tophe

Kyushu J7W1 Shinden? or a tractor type turned pusher by you? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

loupgarou

Quote from: Tophe on March 27, 2020, 02:55:21 AM
Kyushu J7W1 Shinden? or a tractor type turned pusher by you? ;D

An Hayabusa going backward?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

No, it will be a conversion of a well-known jet aircraft.  ;D Nothing originally Japanese.

And the J4M2 looks like a re-badged Mansyu Ki-98 (of which I have two still stashed away...)

Sport21ing

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 27, 2020, 06:25:58 AM
No, it will be a conversion of a well-known jet aircraft.  ;D Nothing originally Japanese.

And the J4M2 looks like a re-badged Mansyu Ki-98 (of which I have two still stashed away...)

Oh :(
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

Dizzyfugu

Dizzyfugu

Almost finished, WiP will come together with background story and pics as a complete package.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

It's a re-labeled Ki-98, maybe with more pointed fins (Me 262-esque?). But it was an IJA design, and it would have been considerably bigger/heavier than a Vampire:

If it was supposed to be carrier-capable, even in the context of a comic, I'd like to see the arrester hook arrangement.

I also wonder about the J6K2 on the same page - this would be a land-based fighter, nothing navalized. But what would it do on a carrier deck...?  :o
The mentioned N1K2 was (despite having been derived from a floatplane) land-based, either? Questions, questions...

No, I am not a fan of such Hikiko 46/Luft 46 fiction stuff - at least when it' so spurious.  :-\

Sport21ing

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 29, 2020, 02:55:57 AM
It's a re-labeled Ki-98, maybe with more pointed fins. But it was an IJA design, and it would have been considerably bigger/heavier than a Vampire:

If it was supposed to be carrier-capable, even in the context of a comic, I'd like to see the arrester hook arrangement.

I also wonder about the J6K2 on the same page - this would be a land-based fighter, nothing navalized. But what would it do on a carrier deck...?  :o
The mentioned N1K2 was (despite having been derived from a floatplane) land-based, either? Questions, questions...

No, I am not a fan of such Hikiko 46/Luft 46 fiction stuff - at least when it' so spurious.  :-\

Still, even if not a fan, there are a s**t ton of stuff for someone imagination - like mine :D
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

Dizzyfugu

I won't deny that. But, from my personal point of view, it's either poorly researched, or purposely edited in a fashion that's begging for skepticism, just exploiting the exotism of the designs.

PR19_Kit

Perhaps they could have had two, one on each boom?

Ah no, that would only work if they could guarantee that they'd both connect. If only one did the consequences would be horrendous!

Bad idea Spackman.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 29, 2020, 05:19:15 AM

Perhaps they could have had two, one on each boom?

Ah no, that would only work if they could guarantee that they'd both connect. If only one did the consequences would be horrendous!

Bad idea Spackman.  :banghead:

I was just about to suggest the double hook, then had exactly the same thoughts as you. That said, it would be most entertaining for the goofers, if not the pilot, should this arrangement have been tried.

Assuming that it's a tricycle u/c, would a long hook under the driver's seat work?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on March 29, 2020, 05:27:13 AM

Assuming that it's a tricycle u/c, would a long hook under the driver's seat work?

I don't think so.

When it went tight the arrestor cable would snag the still turning prop. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit