Mirage F1P

Started by PR19_Kit, March 27, 2020, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ChernayaAkula

Ooooh, a Mirage F.1!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Quote from: comrade harps on March 27, 2020, 07:04:59 PM
<...> Many decades ago I had a fighter plane poster on my bedroom wall and my girlfriend at the time picked the F.1C as her favourite.

Your then-girlfriend was obviously a woman of taste!  :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2020, 10:08:32 AM
<....> They also include some resin wingtip missile rails, but why I have no idea as there are no less than FOUR styrene wingtip rails included on the main sprues, and they're better than the resin ones.  :o

The resin parts are for the Spanish marking option. The Spaniards used Sidewinders instead of Magics, hence the need for different rails.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2020, 03:33:06 PM
<...> four piece ejection seat (Why?) and it's a different seat to the front one too, very odd. <...>

To make it detailed?
I think the front seat has canopy breaker "horns" because of the curvature of the canopy. If the MDC didn't shatter the canopy, the pilot's helmet would hit the canopy before his seat's headrest would. Not good.  :wacko: For the backseater, that's less of a problem as his seat's headrest would probably hit the canopy before his helmet does.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 28, 2020, 06:35:57 PM
Quote from: zenrat on March 28, 2020, 04:29:14 PM
Those wings look a bit short to me...

:o

Indeed!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I might have guessed you two would come up with something on those lines.  ;D

Just for once I'll stay with the standard length, but I have at least 3 or 4 more Mirage F1 kits in The Loft...........  ;)

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 28, 2020, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2020, 10:08:32 AM
<....> They also include some resin wingtip missile rails, but why I have no idea as there are no less than FOUR styrene wingtip rails included on the main sprues, and they're better than the resin ones.  :o

The resin parts are for the Spanish marking option. The Spaniards used Sidewinders instead of Magics, hence the need for different rails.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2020, 03:33:06 PM
<...> four piece ejection seat (Why?) and it's a different seat to the front one too, very odd. <...>

To make it detailed?
I think the front seat has canopy breaker "horns" because of the curvature of the canopy. If the MDC didn't shatter the canopy, the pilot's helmet would hit the canopy before his seat's headrest would. Not good.  :wacko: For the backseater, that's less of a problem as his seat's headrest would probably hit the canopy before his helmet does.

Ahah, thanks for that, although I always thought that 'winders and Magics could be fired from the same rails.

The 'breaker horns' make sense, yes, but they could have moulded them in one piece, they're not that complex when they're assembled. They do look very good though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

After 3 or 4 PSR sessions the new PR nose of the F1P's looking OK, or it is to me anyway. I've PSR'd the intakes too, which didn't fit all that well, as all F-4 style intakes tend to do, but they're not too bad now.

It's almost time for adding the wings and tail etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

That nose has been tamed! ;D Well done, kit! :thumbsup:
Somehow reminds me of this guy, though... :rolleyes:

;D ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 30, 2020, 09:20:56 AM

Somehow reminds me of this guy, though... :rolleyes:

Very true, it does.  ;D

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Kit has switched from long wings to long noses.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

And now it's got wings and things.  ;D

Starting to look like aeroplane............

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2020, 03:49:43 PM
And now it's got wings and things.  ;D

Starting to look like aeroplane............

And looking very good!  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 30, 2020, 06:08:20 PM
And looking very good!  :thumbsup:
I have the same feeling, and this reco nose on a 2-seater for sure makes it a whif, even without AĆ©ronavale colours yet! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Lovely.  Can't wait for paint.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

This build makes me wonder about an F.1C with the (bigger) wings from a Jaguar?

zenrat

This build makes me realise I need another Mirage F.1 for my stash.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2020, 01:49:34 AM
This build makes me realise I need another Mirage F.1 for my stash.

Got one you can have, Fred.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred