Mirage F1P

Started by PR19_Kit, March 27, 2020, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Actually you're right Fred, or half right anyway.  ;D

While that is one of the small tanks on the Hase box art, the big tank DOES have fins, only smaller, single surface ones.

Here's one of the markings drawings off the SH single seater F1 kit showing it carrying the big tank.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The Mirage has some colour on now, pale grey (Ford Dove Grey) on the underside and blue on top (PRU Blue as suggested by Rickshaw  :thumbsup:) It was a bit of a job masking it up, but it's not too bad so far.

Cockpit painting next, never my fave aspect of modelling. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The dark blue-grey is good for Aéronavale. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PolluxDeltaSeven

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2020, 05:52:06 AM
F1s carried one MONSTER tank on the centreline point, and two smaller ones on the wing points. The centre line tank, called the 'Iranian Tank' for some reason, was finless, whereas the wing tanks had those severely anhedralled fins with tip fins too.

Anyway Alastair's found some Italeri Jaguar tanks that are the correct type and the fins are much more sensibly constructed. They'll be on the way to me when he can get out and about, thank you Alastair.  :thumbsup:

I LOVE being on this place, we're such a helpful lot, aren't we?  ;D

They're called "Iraqi tank", because they were first designed for the Mirage F1 build for Iraq. Later they were included on French Mirage F1CR (Recce) and F1CT (attack). Mirage F1C (fighter) and F1B (twin seater) still carry on the centerline a tank similar to the underwings' as far as I know.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Iraq - Iran? They're next door to each other, so I confuse them a lot.  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 07, 2020, 05:36:39 AM
Iraq - Iran? They're next door to each other, so I confuse them a lot.  ;D

Understandable.  They are only one letter different after all.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The Xtracolor PRU Blue I applied over 2 days ago is STILL sticky!  :banghead: :banghead:

I foresee a coat of Klear in this model's 'Future'. (Did you see what I did there?  ;D ;D)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2020, 06:44:29 AM

I foresee a coat of Klear in this model's 'Future'. (Did you see what I did there?  ;D ;D)

Yes, but I'm doing my best to ignore it  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 09, 2020, 06:01:36 AM

That's either favouritism or you're getting soft.  You would have slapped me with 3 demerits and a detention if i'd said that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on April 10, 2020, 05:24:55 AM

That's either favouritism or you're getting soft.  You would have slapped me with 3 demerits and a detention if i'd said that.

But you hail from downunder, mate.  You would deserve it :banghead:... 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

I'm SO glad I'm in this place.  ;D ;D ;D

You guys never fail to get me laughing at least 2-3 times each day.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've just finished assembling the SH pylons to the fairly ancient Hasegawa drop tanks that Gondor sent me, and they look MILES better than the much more modern SH tanks.  :thumbsup:

I've now got all the stores ready for paint, once the airframe has been Kleared and decalled. That's awaiting the cockpit detail painting, the canopies (all FIVE pieces!) gluing in place and masking.

Getting there but slowly, but it's not as if I'm pushed for time.............

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 10, 2020, 05:24:55 AM

And, your point is ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 10, 2020, 06:08:35 AM

Getting there but slowly, but it's not as if I'm pushed for time.............

Said he who asked for an extension to the GB already....  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....