Bored and in Lock-down?

Started by FAR148, March 30, 2020, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2020, 02:31:47 AM

Cut the grass, the hedge and the cable to the hedge trimmer  :banghead: 

That can be dangerous !

Meanwhile I'm mainly modelling and reading. Getting out for my once a day Government allowed exercise and catching up with my mates once a week over a Zoom Chat with a bottle of wine. I must admit I don't normally drink at home (I do my drinking in the pub) so that is quite unusual for me.

If all else fails I have the complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer box set to watch  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2020, 06:28:42 AM

Cut the grass, the hedge and the cable to the hedge trimmer  :banghead: 

That can be dangerous !

Not wrong! Could've ended up with ElectriFried Nick :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Ed S

Cut the grass, the hedge and the cable to the hedge trimmer  :banghead:  I will pick up a new hedge trimmer next week.

Been there, done that myself. It's pretty neat for a microsecond!
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Over here we are allowed to get out only to visit the nearest supermarket or foodstore, and newspaperstand.
Some hardware stores are allowed to stay open for household emergencies.
This morning I did something unlawful  :wacko:. Marched about 3 miles, slinking along smaller roads to avoid possible police patrols, to get to an hardware/plumbing store that also stocks some interesting chemical products in order to buy RTV silicon and poliurethane resin to mould some duplicate parts (RW trains). And 3 miles walk back home.
Only that now an ankle is giving me hell  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

Quote from: Ed S on April 13, 2020, 11:30:09 AM
Cut the grass, the hedge and the cable to the hedge trimmer  :banghead:  I will pick up a new hedge trimmer next week.

Been there, done that myself. It's pretty neat for a microsecond!

Yeah. It was buzzing away nicely then it stopped just as I spied a teeny-weeny flash out of the corner of my eye. And the fountain (on the same twin socket) also stopped. Which was odd. Of course, the fuse had tripped safely so I had to burrow around in the dark under the stairs to reset it.

I got the new trimmer today after taking the car to the garage for a new fanbelt. I try to combine my journeys where possible but the mpg reading on my car is starting to drop with all these enforced short trips. I'm already making plans for my first long roadtrip whenever things ease up but that could be some way off.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 13, 2020, 04:37:00 AM
What? No modelling at all?  :o :-\

I have done a little bit now and then but nothing worth talking about.

kerick

Was working with a guy that cut the cord to his power saw. Funny part was watching him pulling the trigger trying to get it to work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on April 14, 2020, 07:39:37 AM
Over here we are allowed to get out only to visit the nearest supermarket or foodstore, and newspaperstand.
Some hardware stores are allowed to stay open for household emergencies.
This morning I did something unlawful  :wacko:. Marched about 3 miles, slinking along smaller roads to avoid possible police patrols, to get to an hardware/plumbing store that also stocks some interesting chemical products in order to buy RTV silicon and poliurethane resin to mould some duplicate parts (RW trains). And 3 miles walk back home.
Only that now an ankle is giving me hell  :rolleyes:

Glad to see the spirit of the Revolution is still alive  ;) Sorry to hear about the ankle, with me after a walk like that it would be the knee.

I to went out for a stroll this morning, for some essential toiletries, and was struck by how quite the main roads were. Very little traffic and the thing you notice most is the bird song. People are just sauntering across the road whereas in normal times you have a real problem getting across it. I can see a few accidents occurring when we return to normal  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

They are taking advantage of the quiet roads here to cut back all the roadside vegetation.
They had closed off one lane of a dual carriageway this morning to give the central reservation a haircut.  I slowed to the required 40 kph and was delighted to pass a pair of Victorias finest lurking in a lay-by with a radar gun. I hope they racked some fines up.  I hate people who speed through roadworks.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Having finally got some news from Halfords about my missing paint order (They weren't missing at all, they ALWAYS had them in stock at the store, and the useless web site just didn't work properly. DON'T use it, it's rubbish!) I went to Wellingborough Halfords today, and visited the nearby Tescos as well.

I was most impressed with both their efforts to comply with the social distancing rules, Tescos have a one way system round the whole store, of which 70% of the customers were taking notice. The other 30% got stared at strongly by the 70s% and rebuked by Tescos staff.  :thumbsup:

Halfords have a sort of 'drawbridge' affair in the front doorway and all communications are done from 2 mtrs range, or 6ft if you're an Imperialist like me.  ;D

Oddly, even the road traffic seemed to be conforming so social distancing too, I didn't have a single tailgater on the entire 10 mile trip!  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

In Chicago we had a freak snowstorm overnight and since the roads have far less traffic everyone was driving too fast and ended up with a 50+ car pile up.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise