Bored and in Lock-down?

Started by FAR148, March 30, 2020, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

PR19_Kit

QuoteRediscover your lost and forgotten hobbies.

Which lost hobbies? I've got so many I won't be locked down for long enough to do them all.  :o  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

FAR148

QuoteWhich lost hobbies? I've got so many I won't be locked down for long enough to do them all

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. There is not enough hours in the day. But not all of us are so fortunate.

Stay safe and busy,
Steven   :thumbsup:

Nick

Quote from: FAR148 on March 30, 2020, 08:02:37 AM
QuoteWhich lost hobbies? I've got so many I won't be locked down for long enough to do them all

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. There is not enough hours in the day. But not all of us are so fortunate.

Stay safe and busy,

In the same boat you say? If you need advice, listen to the experts. The Royal Navy Submarine experts!

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2020/march/30/200330-rn-submarine-gives-advice-on-self-isolation

scooter

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2020, 08:41:02 AM
Quote from: FAR148 on March 30, 2020, 08:02:37 AM

Stay safe and busy,

In the same boat you say? If you need advice, listen to the experts. The Royal Navy Submarine experts!

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2020/march/30/200330-rn-submarine-gives-advice-on-self-isolation

Any nation's Silent Service crewmembers are experts.  I've seen similar threads from a US bubblehead on Quora
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

FAR148

QuoteIn the same boat you say? If you need advice, listen to the experts.

Thanks but I have plenty to work on.

Stay safe and busy,
Steven

Nick

Quote from: chrisonord on April 02, 2020, 07:18:03 AM
Well, it's not  as though we have  anything  better to do at the moment  is it ;D ;D ;D
Chris

That depends on who you live with. I've spent the last 2 weeks mostly digging up the garden!

I agreed that having sausages tonight sounded nice. Now I'm the one cooking the sausage casserole from the Hairy Bikers cookbook!  ;D

Supertom

Gents, as much as this thread is keeping you occupied/amused, the original intent of this was to discuss ways to stay occupied during the lockdown. Myself, alongside the usual modeling (and mustering up the courage to scratchbuild stuff for some whiffs), I've also started to make kimchi and *gulp* homeschool my daughter.

Hope you're all staying safe.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Rheged

Sorry!  To get back to the topic, I've done more gardening than anticipated, got on well with the Gloster Triton (carrier-based Javelin) and done a fair amount of batch cooking for our freezer.  Continuing this is my task for today.

Best of luck with the home-schooling.  I'm a retired primary school teacher so, quite seriously,  if anyone in this community is home schooling and desperate for ideas of things to do with children 7 to 13 years old, let me know by either a post here or a PM, and I will do my best to offer assistance. Don't expect a full term's worth  of highly detailed lesson plans, but I can and will offer advice. 

Some ideas that might also entertain everyone of all ages:-

Geography:-People talk about "The Seven Seas"  but if you take an atlas you'll find many more...Black, Red, White, Dead, North, Tasman, South China, Baltic, Sea of Azov........there's 9 of them to start you off.

Your sport question.... how many professional football teams in Britain start and finish with the same letter.....Aston Villa for one.

Creative writing; you could discuss one of your models with the child/ren in question and let them write the backstory........or even make their own model and  write up their own build and backstory.  Post it here and let us all enjoy their work. I'm sure that the community will be supportive.

Science......explore how detergent lowers the surface tension of warm water    (do the washing up!) or , joking  aside, you can teach the average 10 year old how to safely iron their own clothes. My boys were ironing their own school shirts  by 11 years old

Whatever you do, make it as much FUN as possible.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Supertom on April 02, 2020, 01:16:25 PM
Gents, as much as this thread is keeping you occupied/amused, the original intent of this was to discuss ways to stay occupied during the lockdown. Myself, alongside the usual modeling (and mustering up the courage to scratchbuild stuff for some whiffs), I've also started to make kimchi and *gulp* homeschool my daughter.

Hope you're all staying safe.
Quote from: Rheged on April 03, 2020, 02:16:18 AM
Sorry!  To get back to the topic, I've done more gardening than anticipated, got on well with the Gloster Triton (carrier-based Javelin) and done a fair amount of batch cooking for our freezer.  Continuing this is my task for today.

Best of luck with the home-schooling.  I'm a retired primary school teacher so, quite seriously,  if anyone in this community is home schooling and desperate for ideas of things to do with children 7 to 13 years old, let me know by either a post here or a PM, and I will do my best to offer assistance. Don't expect a full term's worth  of highly detailed lesson plans, but I can and will offer advice. 

Some ideas that might also entertain everyone of all ages:-

Geography:-People talk about "The Seven Seas"  but if you take an atlas you'll find many more...Black, Red, White, Dead, North, Tasman, South China, Baltic, Sea of Azov........there's 9 of them to start you off.

Your sport question.... how many professional football teams in Britain start and finish with the same letter.....Aston Villa for one.

Creative writing; you could discuss one of your models with the child/ren in question and let them write the backstory........or even make their own model and  write up their own build and backstory.  Post it here and let us all enjoy their work. I'm sure that the community will be supportive.

Science......explore how detergent lowers the surface tension of warm water    (do the washing up!) or , joking  aside, you can teach the average 10 year old how to safely iron their own clothes. My boys were ironing their own school shirts  by 11 years old

Whatever you do, make it as much FUN as possible.

English Lit with Patrick Stewart reading a Shakespeare Sonnet a day.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I've split this post to try and get it back on target

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2020, 06:49:10 AM

I've split this post to try and get it back on target

You can live in hope I suppose.................  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Sorry I should have a posted a link to the posts I've moved

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47640.0

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2020, 07:00:41 AM

Sorry I should have a posted a link to the posts I've moved

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47640.0

Erm, that links back to THIS thread actually. Is that what you meant?

Opps, no. Corrected, applogies.

Regards
Kit

Nick

Tonight I cooked another of the Hairy Bikers recipes. This time it was the very filling Egg and Bacon Pie served with new potatoes and petits pois.  :thumbsup: