Bored and in Lock-down?

Started by FAR148, March 30, 2020, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2020, 07:03:29 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2020, 07:00:41 AM

Sorry I should have a posted a link to the posts I've moved

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47640.0

Erm, that links back to THIS thread actually. Is that what you meant?

Opps, no. Corrected, applogies.

No, it STILL comes back to this thread. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

I heard this one on the radio. The DJ had small children and had them out in the garage playing bowling with a tennis ball and pop cans.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2020, 12:17:46 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2020, 07:03:29 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2020, 07:00:41 AM

Sorry I should have a posted a link to the posts I've moved

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47640.0

Erm, that links back to THIS thread actually. Is that what you meant?

Opps, no. Corrected, applogies.

No, it STILL comes back to this thread. :(

Hopefully I've sorted it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I'd just assumed that this was  a very crafty Chris trying to alleviate our potential boredom by sending us chasing our own tails.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Joe C-P

I'm being sad because I packed all my hobby things in anticipation of moving to a new home, only to have that process halted before I found said new house.  Waaaaah!

So I'm catching up on podcasts, cleaning up the yard, so glad spring is here in the northern hemisphere.
Also planning what I'm going to be buying after the move; I've missed so many kits I wanted but decided they could wait and then they ended production.   :banghead:

You could search and catalog all those various kits and detail sets you've stored up, especially those kits you hid in other boxes and then forgot you did.   :rolleyes:

Clean your hobby table, properly, then reorganize it that way you've always wanted.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Well I'm now furloughed for at least three weeks (probably more). The 80% pay is fine, the uncertainty is not so fine.

At least now I've got time to ... run round to my auntie's house in response to phones calls about 'snakes' in the wardrobe. Turned out to be a coat-hanger...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on April 04, 2020, 01:33:41 PM
Well I'm now furloughed for at least three weeks (probably more). The 80% pay is fine, the uncertainty is not so fine.

At least now I've got time to ... run round to my auntie's house in response to phones calls about 'snakes' in the wardrobe. Turned out to be a coat-hanger...

I know it sounds funny from the outside but, having followed a couple of conversations on this, that's really sad, mate. I hope she improves.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

FAR148

QuoteBuild a Dalek drone with a loudspeaker...

Very cool  :thumbsup:

scooter

One can always take a walk in their favorite period dress.  Like this couple:

Coronavirus: Buckinghamshire couple dress in period costumes for walks
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 05, 2020, 03:33:45 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 04, 2020, 01:33:41 PM

I know it sounds funny from the outside but, having followed a couple of conversations on this, that's really sad, mate. I hope she improves.

I've also had to deal with similar things with my late father.  However, he fixated on my late grandmother (gone these 15 years this summer) and the day she shuffled off her mortal coil.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on April 11, 2020, 07:34:44 AM

One can always take a walk in their favorite period dress.  Like this couple:

Coronavirus: Buckinghamshire couple dress in period costumes for walks

Lucky they have their own sizes in stock!

But what a great idea.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

What are those whif planes in the article ? I've been spending most of mine time drinking....actually getting tired if it. I'm off it today, and hope to wake up tomorrow and start some kind of routine. Maybe exercise and then clean the house and then work on the models and bikes. I'd defo like to get some work done on those, prepare some for selling off....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

I have spent a lot of time on the garden while it's been sunny. I was going to mow the grass again today but it's turned cold and damp. So far I have:

Cut the grass, the hedge and the cable to the hedge trimmer  :banghead:  I will pick up a new hedge trimmer next week.

Dug out the compost heap and spread it all along the borders. The neighbours put in a new fence and the old flowerbeds got wrecked in the process so they had to be dug over.

Removed a large amount of rubble in the form of broken bricks, tiles, concrete slabs, flowerpots and fence posts. Enough to fill the boot of my car!

Stopped the fence wobbling by reuse of an old tent pole found amongst the rubble. I flattened each end and drilled holes in them. I then screwed it to the fence post and to the concrete slab below.

Had to replace the base of the rotary washing line after it snapped at ground level. The spike was rendered unusable and needed replacing because the short length of pole inside was jammed or corroded in firmly. The washing line is now 6 inch lower so Mum is happy she finds it easier to reach!

Indoors I have watched a lot of TV, played World of Tanks, read a bit, tidied some stuff, cooked meals from recipe books and generally done stuff all.  :lol:
I need to order more beer online from my favourite brewery and read up on new recipes for rum drinks.  :cheers: