Wierd subjects for kits

Started by Weaver, April 06, 2020, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on May 27, 2020, 12:34:51 PM

Do you want some Bayko? I have still an enormous original box (and parts, of course), but it would be too heavy to mail.
BTW, the rods were metal, not plastic, at least in mine. Scale is much bigger than OO. And, as Wiki  says, much earlier than the 80's.
Maybe yours is a much later iteration?

I'll check on mine next week. If, as I suspect, Boris gives us a bit more freedom next week, I'm planning on going home for a couple of days and I'll check it out. Mine definitely are 00 scale though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 27, 2020, 01:45:59 PM
In my stash.  ;D

Now that's fascinating Jon. I do have some vague memories of similar things, but they are very vague.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

The Visible Man and Woman kits, the latter buildable with pregnancy.  Neither having the external features necessary to create such a state.   :rolleyes:

Aurora made the classic Universal horror figures of course, plus "The Victim".  I built the glow-in-the-dark Quasimodo and freaked myself out as a kid.
And the Prehistoric Scenes, I know I had at least one or two of those.

Revell made a wide range of figure kits; a search will find you some strange examples like the Bonanza cast.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

loupgarou

Quote from: JoeP on May 28, 2020, 02:31:16 PM
The Visible Man and Woman kits, the latter buildable with pregnancy.  Neither having the external features necessary to create such a state.   :rolleyes:

Aurora made the classic Universal horror figures of course, plus "The Victim".  I built the glow-in-the-dark Quasimodo and freaked myself out as a kid.
And the Prehistoric Scenes, I know I had at least one or two of those.

Revell made a wide range of figure kits; a search will find you some strange examples like the Bonanza cast.

JoeP

Besides monsters, Aurora made also "normal" figures, some of them IMHO more weird, or uninteresting, than monsters. Who could have been interested in a kit of a durch girl, or a scottish boy?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

My Dad built the Airfix 1/12 Human Skellington.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Now you mention them I do remember those ranges. The Aurora kits in particular were readily available over here in the UK.

Quote from: loupgarou on May 28, 2020, 11:56:15 PM

Besides monsters, Aurora made also "normal" figures, some of them IMHO more weird, or uninteresting, than monsters. Who could have been interested in a kit of a durch girl, or a scottish boy?

I suppose it was a time when people returning from holiday would bring back china figures of people in traditional clothing as a souvenir. So they thought to fill the gap for people who couldn't afford to travel ? We are talking late 50's, early 60's, I think.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 29, 2020, 05:41:05 AM

Now you mention them I do remember those ranges. The Aurora kits in particular were readily available over here in the UK.

Revell do a similar x-ray range, along with animals.  The human is a torso & head but the animals are full bodies.  Undead T-rex?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Mossie

I built one up once for a works school outreach project.  It was a bit crap unfortunately.

These kind of things are more common than you might think, marketed as educational tools and toys.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

If you want to buy some of these weird kits, try CultTVMans website

https://culttvman.com/main/tag/culttvmans-hobbyshop/
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

PR19_Kit

Goodness, they'll be doing a Raleigh RSW16 next!  :o :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The "Revell" Visible Man, Woman, Head etc. are old Renwal kits.
Renwal also did horse, dog, frog, pigeon, cow, trout, cricket and a plant.
Some have been re-released by other companies.

jcf

The Stingray is an old kit from the '70s.h