Wierd subjects for kits

Started by Weaver, April 06, 2020, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

NOTE: I've now changed this into a generic Wierd Subjects thread instead of being just about the Aoshima stereo, so feel free to post your own discoveries on here if you want.  :thumbsup:

It's not often you see a completely unfamiliar genre of kit these days, but this is new one on me: a 1/6th scale model of a Pioneer SK-900 Runaway  'ghetto blaster' stereo:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-SK-900-RUNAWAY-1-6-MODEL-KIT-AOSHIMA-JAPAN/124086237202?hash=item1ce41db812:g:~qsAAOSwbI9d7T21

Apparently there was a whole series of these, but they don't seem to be in production at the moment.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

One can but wonder why.................?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2020, 12:36:33 PM
One can but wonder why.................?  :-\

I have a friend who really loves 'perfect little things', i.e. miniature replicas of anything... They don't have to be exciting or unattainable things like jet fighters or battleships, or even aspirational things like flashy cars. She gets just as excited over a box of 1/72nd tools or a stack of 1/35th beer cans. It's the miniaturization itself that's the thrill: the subject almost doesn't matter.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Yeah, I guess I can understand that.  :thumbsup:

I'm the one with a complete 1/24 scale workshop tool kit for my dragster collection after all.  ;D ;)

Does it actually work? It looks like it has batteries, cassettes and a mike included in the kit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2020, 02:18:46 PM
Yeah, I guess I can understand that.  :thumbsup:

I'm the one with a complete 1/24 scale workshop tool kit for my dragster collection after all.  ;D ;)

Does it actually work? It looks like it has batteries, cassettes and a mike included in the kit.

Don't think so, but the only features I can find about it are in Japanese. Here's some pics of a made-up one: the cassettes are 1/6th scale too. Wonder if they come with a 1/6th scale pencil for untangling them?  ;D

Now what would be funny would be to hide a modern bluetooth speaker inside it (paging Strobez...), play music through it from a concealed iPad and tell people they have to look really, really closely to see the tapes going round.... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 06, 2020, 02:42:36 PM

Now what would be funny would be to hide a modern bluetooth speaker inside it (paging Strobez...), play music through it from a concealed iPad and tell people they have to look really, really closely to see the tapes going round.... :wacko:

LOVE it!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2020, 03:24:24 PM
Quote from: Weaver on April 06, 2020, 02:42:36 PM

Anyone under 30 wouldn't know what you were talking about!

LOVE it!  :wub: :wub: :wub:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Okay, I'm turning this into a generic "Weird Subjects for Kits" thread, since I've now found this:

Never seen a kit of a bicycle before! It's currently on US ebay here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Entex-Derailleur-Racing-Bike-Plus-Touring-Accessories-Model-Kit-1-8-Scale-new-/303104461902

For that matter, I didn't know that Entex had made motorbike kits, which arn't an unusual subject, but a 1/3rd scale motorcycle engine certainly is:

Also on US ebay, here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222762600396

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2020, 03:51:56 AM

[Cycling JMN mode on]

That's a pretty vintage bike with the gear change lever on the top tube! Not only that, the wheels are both 36 spoke, the front wheel should be 28 spoke at max if it's a 'racing' bike.

[Cycling JMN mode off]

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I see your bicycle, and raise you a schoolgirl cycling in the rain...

https://www.hlj.com/1-12-scale-jkbya-12s-japanese-kawaii-high-school-girls-mk2jkbya-12s

...which had to be japanese didn't it.

Her shirt is cast in transparent resin for that authentic wet look.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2020, 04:43:31 AM

Her shirt is cast in transparent resin for that authentic wet look.

Well it would be, wouldn't it?  ;D ;)

I'm amazed she 's even wearing one!

Regards
Kit

Weaver

We can go down that road if you want, but it's getting awfully hot, isn't it?

That's what she said, but I said it too....

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2020, 05:17:31 AM

We can go down that road if you want, but it's getting awfully hot, isn't it?

That's what she said, but I said it too....

;) ;)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

I note that is actually just the figure.  The bicycle is sold separately....
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2020, 03:51:56 AM

I've seen a couple at various shows and at least one mini diorama of the Tour de France lead group which I think was 1/32. No idea who they were by.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.