Wierd subjects for kits

Started by Weaver, April 06, 2020, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on April 20, 2020, 05:35:14 AM

I note that is actually just the figure.  The bicycle is sold separately....

Somehow I don't think she'd fit the 'racing' bike.  ;D

Oh, of course she wouldn't! I've just noticed the 'racing' bike is 1/8 and she's 1/12.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Kits of bikes don't seem so strange to me. Japanese did/do much  better. Apart from the various monsters, I remember a series of crowns and a CHROMED bavarian castle.
BTW, IIRC,also Protar, that produced a series of racing motorcycles, had done also some bicycles.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Finemolds make a 1/20 CNC Lathe.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Terrific, but does it actually machine 1/20 scale parts?

If so I could REALLY use one like that!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It'd be good if it does, but then it'd be no good for 1/72 builds... :-\
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 20, 2020, 05:43:13 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2020, 03:51:56 AM

Never seen a kit of a bicycle before! It's currently on US ebay here:

I've seen a couple at various shows and at least one mini diorama of the Tour de France lead group which I think was 1/32. No idea who they were by.

Protar did several 1/9 bicycle kits.  I guess Italeri has the moulds if they ever choose to repop them.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I could machine LITTLE 1/20 parts.................  ;D

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Bandai made a scale model of an injection moulding machine:

It does come with parts that represent the mould. If you look at them closely, the mould is the one used to produce this kit.

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, self generating moulding machines, very clever.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Quote from: Hobbes on April 21, 2020, 08:03:10 AM
Bandai made a scale model of an injection moulding machine:

It does come with parts that represent the mould. If you look at them closely, the mould is the one used to produce this kit.
That is so beautifully brilliant. I was hoping that would be the case!!

Quote from: loupgarou on April 20, 2020, 08:24:45 AMKits of bikes don't seem so strange to me. Japanese did/do much  better.
I've seen a few in my time online...1/12 bonsai tree (available in different versions), 1/32 tobacconists' stall and probably the best I recall seeing (although that boombox really got me) was brought to my attention by our own Alvis - a 1/3 desk fan.

EDIT: according to Scalemates there are MULTIPLE FAN MODELS!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Mossie

Quote from: Hobbes on April 21, 2020, 08:03:10 AM

Nice little touch.  Who's going to do a resin cast and produce a tiny model to sit next to it...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Revell's bucket wheel excavator was definitely a bit off the beaten path.

Airfix's bird series are others that come to mind.

puddingwrestler

I've always found those 1/4 scale hunting knife kits a bit odd...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Nick

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 21, 2020, 07:59:58 PM
I've always found those 1/4 scale hunting knife kits a bit odd...

I've not seen those but the 1/3 scale model guns seem odd to me. Just the Hannants page https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?product_type_id=2796&search_direction=asc&scale_id=82546

Back in the 80s LS did a range of 1/1 model guns that later got banned in the UK. IIRC they fired pellets and were used in bank robberies. Eventually a kid got shot by a cop because his toy gun looked so real. https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t192-ls-models

zenrat

I've never understood those scale aircraft control panel kits.
Fred