A special kit for the Australian Coast Guard!

Started by rickshaw, April 11, 2020, 04:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Nice work. The colour scheme works really well on that airframe

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2020, 07:12:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 02, 2020, 06:10:16 AM

They were also fitted by Consolidated to the nose of the B-36A's purchased by the RAAF in '45 when they realised Lincolns didn't have the range they required.  Or they will be when I get to that build...

Looking forward to THAT one already Fred!  :thumbsup:

Actually that'll be quite an engineering job, considering how wide the -36 is compared to a -24.

With sufficient time, PSR and of course plasticard, anything is achievable, Kit.  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Nice one. :thumbsup:

I know it's coastguard, but to me it gives me the vibe of some little hand-to-mouth airfreight company running random (and not neccessarily legal) delivery jobs around the Pacific. :mellow:

Quote from: rickshaw on April 30, 2020, 08:09:46 PM
The multiple coats of white and yellow were a bit of trouble.  Yellow needs at least three or more coats to "take", even over white.

Undercoat yellow with pink: sounds crazy but it works*. Humbrol flesh is a good one.

*Caveat: there are lots of different yellows and lots of different pinks, so ALWAYS do a test run first.**

**Addendum to the Caveat: this means that whatever happens isn't my fault. Okay?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones