A special kit for the Australian Coast Guard!

Started by rickshaw, April 11, 2020, 04:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I have found my mojo again.  I have in the works, a special kit for the Australian Coast Guard!  Details to follow...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

A Turbo-Privateer? Great idea!  :thumbsup:

What are the engines from? They look a bit like Proteus from a Britannia.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 14, 2020, 06:59:45 AM
I'll be watching this one Brian ---  ;)

You should as you supplied the Darts I am using.  It is a Dart powered Turbo Privateer.  No more will be revealed until the finish and the back story is written.  There may be a few more photos but that is it.   :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Onto the homestretch.  Just need to do a few touch ups and decalling.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

As already related, the Australian Coast Guard was established in 2003.  As part of that establishment surplus aircraft were passed from the RAAF and the RAN to the newly formed post guard.   The RAAF donated F-28 Friendship transport aircraft.  The RAN Curtiss Privateers.

The Privateers had come into the hands of the RAN in 1945 as part of a hand over from the USAF.  Australia had, at the end of WWII ended up with a huge Lend-Lease credit.  It had fed most of the Occupied populations of the Japanese with grain and other agricultural goods.  These aircraft had soldiered on for 30 years until retired at the end of the 1980s.

The Coast Guard took the Privateers on and had decided to re-engine them with Rolls Royce Darts so as to be common with the their dominant fleet of Friendship transports.  In doing so, they created the Turbo Privateer.  With the twice the installed power of their original radial engines they were able to fly higher and faster.  Considerably faster.   They were reconfigured as well as primarily transports to support the far flung bases of the Australian Coast Guard.

The Kit.

The kit is a Revell Curtis Privateer model, kindly supplied by Kit.  The four engines came from kitnut617.  This model was then painted with a hairy stick and decals came from the spares box and of course from Kit Speckman.