Group Build 2020/2021 Poll - Round Two

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2020, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select up to 5 of the choices below and the top 3 will be the GB subjects for the 2020/2021 Season.

Captured. (Captured equipment put into service by its captor)
18 (47.4%)
Small Nations GB
14 (36.8%)
The Latin American G.B.
11 (28.9%)
Science Fiction or Into/from Outer Space
11 (28.9%)
The Interwar Period
12 (31.6%)
Prototypes.
19 (50%)
The Stealth GB.
7 (18.4%)
The Change of Motive Power GB. (re-engine GB)
8 (21.1%)
The Logistics Train G.B
6 (15.8%)
The "It will never work" /it's totally impractical /Doomed Inventions GB
8 (21.1%)
The Earlier Jets GB. Suppose the jet turbine had gone into production in 1920 or 1930 ?
8 (21.1%)
The Swords to Ploughshares/Ploughshares to Swords GB.
17 (44.7%)
The Blue Lights GB. (Medic/Fire/Police etc)
18 (47.4%)
Winter Time/The Antarctic/The Arctic GB
10 (26.3%)
Great Britain un-aligned and the Warsaw Pact designs it purchased GB.
6 (15.8%)
Fixed Wing Aircraft into Rotary or Tilt Wing Aircraft.
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 26, 2020, 07:45:18 AM

NARSES2

Right here's the second round of the Poll for the 2020/2021 Group Build season. I selected all of those that had achieved 10 votes or more in the first round to go through into the second.

You all have 5 votes (you don't have to use them all) and the top 3 choices will go through. I'll keep the Poll open for two weeks.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Voted!   Thanks for setting it up so efficiently, Chris.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sandiego89

The excitement builds!!

Did small nations & Latin America not get combined? 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

Tough choices again! Whatever happens this will be interesting!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

That was quick! :o

Well done, Chris! :thumbsup:

Voted, but only one seems to be very popular. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on April 12, 2020, 12:45:52 PM
The excitement builds!!

Did small nations & Latin America not get combined?

I seriously thought about it Sandy, but felt that would have been "changing the rules a tad" and that if I'd have done so then arguments could have been raised as to why I'd done it for that selection and not any others ? Could of opened a can of worms.

I have parked it in my brain however and if I'm still doing this next year and if we have any similar situations I will ask the membership for views if similar situations occur.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right having just voted I can now see the current standings and the leader does surprise me a tad.

sandiego89

No worries, perfectly understandable that you don't any perception of changing the rules.

I too am surprised by some of the leaders!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Gentlemen I need your thoughts.

As things stand we have a tie for third spot running. Now come the end of the week that may well no longer be the case, but if it is then it presents me with a problem.

We only normally run 3 GB's plus the One Week Build during the course of the season so I need to decide what to do and would like your thoughts on the subject.

I don't really want to have a run off poll, I might do though and if so it will be over 5 days max. I have thought about adding the votes received in this round to those received in the preliminary round to come to a decision, but I don't really like that idea if only because knowing my luck they will have got the same number of votes in round 1.

So anyone got any other suggestions or comments on my thoughts above ?

Ta

Chris

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 20, 2020, 05:50:03 AM

As things stand we have a tie for third spot running. Now come the end of the week that may well no longer be the case, but if it is then it presents me with a problem.

We only normally run 3 GB's plus the One Week Build during the course of the season so I need to decide what to do and would like your thoughts on the subject.

I don't really want to have a run off poll, I might do though and if so it will be over 5 days max. I have thought about adding the votes received in this round to those received in the preliminary round to come to a decision, but I don't really like that idea if only because knowing my luck they will have got the same number of votes in round 1.

Ta

Chris

Yes.  Go for the one which hasn't been done recently.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2020, 06:02:30 AM

Ta

Chris

Yes.  Go for the one which hasn't been done recently.

I second that. IIRC, one of the culprits HAS been done in historical times.
Else, you can toss a coin and put it on youtube.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

Ta

Chris

Merge Small Nations and Latin America into one group build and go from there  ;) :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 20, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

Ta

Chris

Merge Small Nations and Latin America into one group build and go from there  ;) :wacko:

Nick, as I think I've said elsewhere I should of done this in the first place. However not having done it before the vote started I can't really do it now or at the end of the vote because people could say, and quite reasonably, that I'm showing favouritism and why couldn't I have done this for suggestions x and y ? Indeed I'm already being accused of fiddling things, much worse actually, over on BTS by somebody hiding behind a user name.  :-\

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 21, 2020, 05:46:24 AM

Indeed I'm already being accused of fiddling things, much worse actually, over on BTS by somebody hiding behind a user name.  :-\

Some people just deserve a smack round the ear sometimes...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on April 20, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

Ta

Chris

I am sure Monaco and Andora would not be happy moveing from where they are

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....