Group Build 2020/2021 Poll - Round Two

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2020, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select up to 5 of the choices below and the top 3 will be the GB subjects for the 2020/2021 Season.

Captured. (Captured equipment put into service by its captor)
18 (47.4%)
Small Nations GB
14 (36.8%)
The Latin American G.B.
11 (28.9%)
Science Fiction or Into/from Outer Space
11 (28.9%)
The Interwar Period
12 (31.6%)
Prototypes.
19 (50%)
The Stealth GB.
7 (18.4%)
The Change of Motive Power GB. (re-engine GB)
8 (21.1%)
The Logistics Train G.B
6 (15.8%)
The "It will never work" /it's totally impractical /Doomed Inventions GB
8 (21.1%)
The Earlier Jets GB. Suppose the jet turbine had gone into production in 1920 or 1930 ?
8 (21.1%)
The Swords to Ploughshares/Ploughshares to Swords GB.
17 (44.7%)
The Blue Lights GB. (Medic/Fire/Police etc)
18 (47.4%)
Winter Time/The Antarctic/The Arctic GB
10 (26.3%)
Great Britain un-aligned and the Warsaw Pact designs it purchased GB.
6 (15.8%)
Fixed Wing Aircraft into Rotary or Tilt Wing Aircraft.
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 26, 2020, 07:45:18 AM

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 28, 2020, 02:30:36 PM
Chris, I'll jump in on Prototypes if a mod is still needed.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Jon, much appreciated

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Shelf Isolation : The kit that has been social distancing itself from your work bench the longest  :lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 29, 2020, 06:35:30 AM

Shelf Isolation : The kit that has been social distancing itself from your work bench the longest  :lol:

Hehehe, I like that idea.  :thumbsup:

I'd have the devil of a job finding the one in my collection though, at the last count (some 3-4 yrs ago) I had 62 un-finished projects!  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 27, 2020, 06:04:49 AM

The Annual One Week Build - Saturday 13th June to Sunday 21st June

As for usual I'll be looking for Moderators (.....Dave are you up for the One Week GB?).....

Chris

I am, it starts the day after I retire, I know what I'm going to enter and the base kit is on order!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

OK.  The kit for the Captured GB is in my Hobby Link Japan Private Warehouse box.  I hope the postal service is up and running again by the time we start.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Buried deep in the stash is a Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien .  I'd not yet  decided what to do with it.   It should fit nicely here......but who captured it? Suggestions please!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 02, 2020, 08:17:52 AM

Buried deep in the stash is a Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien .  I'd not yet  decided what to do with it.   It should fit nicely here......but who captured it? Suggestions please!!

Finland, but then the REAL problem is writing a plausible backstory.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2020, 08:32:08 AM

An interesting idea.   The backstory is never a problem, I've always enjoyed playing with words.  However, wrangling styrene is not really my strong point.

Doug K

Quote from: Rheged on May 02, 2020, 10:15:20 AM

It was being tested by Germany at Peenemunde, and got lost over the Gulf of Bothnia, requiring a forced landing after running out of fuel .... 😉

An interesting idea.   The backstory is never a problem, I've always enjoyed playing with words.  However, wrangling styrene is not really my strong point.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Doug K on May 02, 2020, 10:30:03 AM

It was being tested by Germany at Peenemunde, and got lost over the Gulf of Bothnia, requiring a forced landing after running out of fuel .... 😉

Very good, I like that idea lot. :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2020, 11:50:25 AM
Quote from: Doug K on May 02, 2020, 10:30:03 AM

Very good, I like that idea lot. :thumbsup:

Forced landing after running out of fuel over Sweden where it was tested and copied by the hundreds and sold to airforces around the world
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Captured by the Soviets during the Second Battle of Khalkhin Gol and then subsequently flown to Finland by a defecting Soviet test pilot.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I can see that this backstory is going to be a quite interesting piece of creative writing.  A German engine Japanese aircraft in Scandinavia in 1945.

NARSES2

Right gentlemen just to let you know.

The 2020 One Week Build will commence on Saturday 13th June and finish on Sunday 21st June, and yes I know that's a tad more than a week. I have my Moderator for this  :thumbsup: We'll use the standard One Week GB rules for this one.

The first G.B. of the 2020/2021 Season - Prototypes - will start on the 1st July and run through until the 30th September. Joncarrfarrelly has volunteered to moderate this one. It would be nice to have a second, any volunteers ?

So I will start to get things kicked off in the next few days.

Chris

PR19_Kit

Prototypes? Yes, I'll stand up to moderate with Jon.

I doubt I'll be able to enter, I don't have any more unbuilt kits with me and all my others are 120 miles away. :(

Regards
Kit