Fairey (Sea) Mustang Mk1, 894 Squadron Fleet Air Arm, HMS Indefatigable, 1945

Started by Doug K, April 13, 2020, 03:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I do like that Doug  :thumbsup:

We obviously both have a B.P.F. kick  ;D I tend to do a few as well.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

I think my whiffy BPF FAA is almost complete.....

IMG_4098 by doug_alba, on Flickr

Looks awesome!
secretprojects forum migrant

ChernayaAkula

Nice model.  :thumbsup: Those colours sure suit the Mustang.  :wub:
Love the photo with the Osprey book.  :mellow:

Quote from: Weaver on April 26, 2020, 02:15:57 PM
<...>
Don't worry about the fact that somebody else had the same idea: there are few really new ideas in the world, what matters is what you did with it!  :thumbsup:

It's not the fact that someone else had the same idea that's worrying. What's worrying is that for every idea you have, Dizzy already has a finished model!  :blink:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good.  :thumbsup:

And I would not worry about "doubles": there are certain "whif idea hotspots" that pop up every now and then, and when you browse the net you find several navalized Mustang builds. Moreover, there had been a real project and even a prototype with a hook, so the chances for a build by someone else rise further. However, it's about the idea and what becomes of the idea. Even though I have built a navalized Fury, it differs considerably in many ways, so I would rather speak of very different builds, despite the same basic idea. And I actually like to see how others interpret a certain idea. It's like a personal arrangment of a music piece - you have the sheet with the idea, but which instruments you use, how many or the tempo, are up to you: Whiffing as an artform!  ;)

Doug K

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 27, 2020, 11:40:32 PM
That's looking very good.  :thumbsup:

And I would not worry about "doubles": there are certain "whif idea hotspots" that pop up every now and then, and when you browse the net you find several navalized Mustang builds. Moreover, there had been a real project and even a prototype with a hook, so the chances for a build by someone else rise further. However, it's about the idea and what becomes of the idea. Even though I have built a navalized Fury, it differs considerably in many ways, so I would rather speak of very different builds, despite the same basic idea. And I actually like to see how others interpret a certain idea. It's like a personal arrangment of a music piece - you have the sheet with the idea, but which instruments you use, how many or the tempo, are up to you: Whiffing as an artform!  ;)

Thanks, and I agree, that is one of the aspect I enjoy most, the real-world examples that spark a train of thought and eventually a model!

Glenn Gilbertson