Supermarine Swift FGR-2 El Adam 1958

Started by chrisonord, April 13, 2020, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Like several other former front line  fighter aircraft, instead of mothballing or scrapping  perfectly  functional aircraft  they changed  their purpose and  converted them into  attack aircraft  and sent them to  the middle east, to take  part in anti communist  incursion  sorties. The swift  could  carey a modest  load of under wing  ordnance  and was liked by its pilots once they got used to the aircraft's behaviour at low level.
Kit is the Airfix  Swift FR-7 in 1/72nd scale.  Quite a nice  kit to build  and no real fit problems  , only  thing that let it down was that the canopy  had a moulding  flaw in it that left it with a magnifying glass in the middle of the canopy.  I tried to polish it out  but it didn't  do much.  Nevermind.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j4gk1THfAgu2N5fSA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/37M6i6fi9st9srWWA
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S

You have been a busy boy lately. Good models
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Captain Canada

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy, I can't let you go.....or Candy.  :thumbsup:

Looks great in that camo and all bombed up !

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 13, 2020, 08:56:22 AM
Sandy, Sandy, Sandy, I can't let you go.....or Candy.  :thumbsup:

Looks great in that camo and all bombed up !

Cheers
I thought I would  do it border line  subtle, and reasonably  believable  ;D
Chris

The Rat

Nicely done, and, as I have opined many times on these very pages, a natural role for the Swift. Its low-level capabilities were rather obvious from early in its development, and I can't fathom how the attack role was missed. Especially since it's initial reason, as a back-up for the possible failure of the Hunter, was quickly proven unnecessary.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Scooterman

AeroplaneDriver

The poor little Swift doesn't get enough love.  You've done it justice there.  Very nice!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 18, 2020, 11:58:01 PM

The poor little Swift doesn't get enough love.  You've done it justice there.  Very nice!   :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I've heard the words 'Swift' and 'little' used in the same sentence before.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

DogfighterZen

Not a big fan of the Swift but that's a sweet looking build!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Not certain if this is incidental, but this here recently popped up at War Thunder:

PR19_Kit

An F7 in desert camo. That's different for sure.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 22, 2020, 05:56:55 AM
An F7 in desert camo. That's different for sure.  ;D
Yeah, who would have thought..... :rolleyes:
Chris