My first what iff

Started by Patrick H, January 13, 2005, 07:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick H

Canadair CT 170 Magister as flown by the famous Canadian display team "the Goldilocks"

More pictures and the full story can be seen here at my webpage.

cheers

Patrick

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Patrick H

The kit is the Heller 1/72 Fouga Magister and decals came from the Leading Edge "RCAF Harvard MK4 Goldilocks team" Kindly provided to me by Captian Canada.
Thanks buddy

cheers

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Mike Wren

Ollie

Very nice buddy!!

But I doubt that the Magister would be a match for the Tutor... he he he...

I have a friend who has a Magister, and that thing flies like a pregant cow...

:D  :D

Seriously, very nice job!!  Congrats on the choice of markings!!!

:rolleyes:  :wub:  :wub:  

Aircav

Hi Patrick
Great model, it looks very right in thoughs colour's
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Steve
Love the FOD barrel BTW
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Gary

Heeeeey That's pretty cool! And a nice job building to mate!
Getting back into modeling

Bryan H.

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

nev

Very cool  B)

And the thing about the Magister, it was flown by that many different AFs you'd have to be a real spotter to know if it was whif or real  :)

Although I'm not to sure about naming a display team "goldilocks"  :lol:  :lol:   Not very inspiring!   :P
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

QuoteAlthough I'm not to sure about naming a display team "goldilocks"
There actually was one. Back in the days of the RCAF Golden Hawks flying Sabres, one of the training squadrons decided to have a bit of fun and put together a team. They flew Harvards, worked out some whacky manoeuvres, and called themselves the Goldilocks. In fact one of their routines, a flypast in formation but with all the aircraft with one or the other wing low, was incorporated into the Snowbirds' routine a few years ago as a tribute. I'll search the net and see if I can find any pics for us all.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

Lovely job Patrick, my hat is off to you Sir! And I just checked out your page and was glad to see you included a mention of the real Goldilocks.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Okay, if you Google for goldilocks+rcaf you get one picture of the formation I mentioned, but the link itself is belly up. Worth a look anyway.

Ollie

Rat, do you remember the story about the team that used T-33s (The Smokers) and were invited by the Goldilocks at their base for a meal.  The Harvard guys had a shock when they saw the 10 or so T-33s arriving in the Crazy formation!

:D  :D  :D  :D

The Rat

QuoteRat, do you remember the story about the team that used T-33s (The Smokers) and were invited by the Goldilocks at their base for a meal.  The Harvard guys had a shock when they saw the 10 or so T-33s arriving in the Crazy formation!

:D  :D  :D  :D
Haven't heard that one, but I would give five years off my life to have been there. :lol:

And from the official CAF site, here's a great pic;

Captain Canada

Great stuff, Patrick !

Keep 'em coming, eh ?

How about a Belgian Crusader ? And you know you want to do an Arrow in Belgian colurs ! I think one would look just splendid in those anniversary F-16 markings, you know, the one with the spitfire on it's back ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Nice work and great idea, Patrick!

:wub:

Extra points for the subject being Canadian, eh?!

:wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.