My first what iff

Started by Patrick H, January 13, 2005, 07:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

Gorgeous piece of work, my compliments, sir.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

Really excellent Patrick - love the scheme it makes her look almost "retro"

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Patrick H

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Feels good  :)

QuoteBut I doubt that the Magister would be a match for the Tutor..
Could verry well be, the Magister is heavyer then the Tutor But I think it would be great to see them perform together.  Would give a hell of a show.

QuoteAlthough I'm not to sure about naming a display team "goldilocks"   Not very inspiring!
Well, as Rat already said, no need for ispiration here. The team did exist from 1962 to 1964 so you should blame the RCAF for having no ispiration  :rolleyes:

QuoteAnd I just checked out your page and was glad to see you included a mention of the real Goldilocks.
yep, just tried to stay as close to reality as possible in my story, even if the subject is pure fiction.

QuoteHow about a Belgian Crusader ? And you know you want to do an Arrow in Belgian colurs ! I think one would look just splendid in those anniversary F-16 markings, you know, the one with the spitfire on it's back ?

Mmm, tempting ideas there. Unforunately the spitfire decals are no longer availlable and I've jused my copies (both of them :angry: ) on my real F16 spitfalcon. there was a problem with the large spitfiredecal breaking up in small parts and that killed the first one. But I might be going for a Tiger or other special I guess.

cheers

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

elmayerle

Patrick,

Perhaps a variation on one of the more colorful Belgian F-16's with the gaudy vertical fins?  A 1/48 decal sheet for that would do nicely for a 1/72 Arrow.  *evil grin* Even more fun if it's one of the more explicit paint jobs.

Cheers,
Evan
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

QuoteThe team did exist from 1962 to 1964 so you should blame the RCAF for having no ispiration  :rolleyes:
Oh I do!  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

noxioux

Very nicely done.  There's something about screaming yellow paint jobs that get my juices flowing. . .

Patrick H

QuotePerhaps a variation on one of the more colorful Belgian F-16's with the gaudy vertical fins? A 1/48 decal sheet for that would do nicely for a 1/72 Arrow. *evil grin* Even more fun if it's one of the more explicit paint jobs.

Hehehehe, who knows, thinking of doing an Arrow once and it might very well be in a Belgian scheme. Only problem will be to find an Arrow kit. Have been looking for one lately and didn't find a 1/72nd one(yet:rolleyes: ) . Only the Hobbycraft 1/48. Did find another intresting possibility though. What about a viggen in Belgian colors, SEA camoscheme and maybe even some sort of special decoration. Although for the more explicit paintjobs you'll have to go to our northern neighbours the Dutch. They had one like that :wacko:

QuoteVery nicely done. There's something about screaming yellow paint jobs that get my juices flowing. . .
Thanks. Indeed, the bright yellow stands out beautifully.

cheers

Patrick  
My webpage

nev

QuoteWhat about a viggen in Belgian colors, SEA camoscheme
A Viggen would look good in any colours  :wub: But that Belgain SEA scheme with the wavy upper/lower line is a beauty  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary

Wasn't there a splinter version of the Viggie? A sort of Ferris thing with three or four greys.

Sorry to the Phantom crowd but the only ones of these I've ever like were the Ferris versions.

And just to get back on topic, I still thing that Magister is freek'en cool.

Somthing about a split tail....  

Oh come on you pervs!
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

An Arrow would look wicked in Belgian camo....alongside a CDN one, sitting on the ramp at baden !

:wub:

And now that you mention it, a Viggen would look just as good in the same scenerio !

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Patrick H

QuoteWasn't there a splinter version of the Viggie? A sort of Ferris thing with three or four greys.
Not sure about a grey splinter scheme but the standard old camo colors on the Viggens, and most other Swedish aircrafts where a 4 color grey green green brown splinter scheme. looks beautifull but not easy to do  I think.
and thanks agian, for the compliment. Same here, I love the split tail (on aircraft that is  :rolleyes: )

QuoteAn Arrow would look wicked in Belgian camo....alongside a CDN one, sitting on the ramp at baden !
And now that you mention it, a Viggen would look just as good in the same scenerio !
QuoteA Viggen would look good in any colours  But that Belgain SEA scheme with the wavy upper/lower line is a beauty
That's it then, SEA camo it is going to be.  Although special markings could still show up somewhere.
My webpage

Captain Canada

That's the way. Patrick...it's nice to see that somebody listens to us !

;)

I think I'm  gonna do a pair of Belgian Tutors..........an all silver trainer, and a camo tip-tanked  attack variant !

:wub:

But I'm gonna need some decals, eh ?

:)

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Flt Eng

Been looking around this site for the last month or two. I find it very interesting, and because I'm also working on some what if's, what a better place to gather information.

It has been almost 20 years since I've completed a model. I jumped back into it with both feet.

Although I don't have any pictures at this time. I will submit some at a later date. I'm not a digital camera/computer friendly type person, I'm working on 4 projects at the same time.

I have 2 Hasegawa F18's on the go. To be finished in 2 different Canadian Forces Sqn markings. 1 Hasegawa F-16 to be finished in the newly formed 111 Sqn British Columbia, Canada, Air National Guard. I'm hoping to get two sets of the IPMS Canada 111 Sqn decals to use the "Totem Pole" marking. And, 1 Hasegawa F-14 Tomcat to be finished in VF-870 markings, on board the newly acquired HMCS Yukon, aircraft carrier of the recently re-formed Royal Canadian Navy. I bought a IPMS Canada RCN aviation decal sheet way back in 86. What a great use for them.

That's it for now.

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard Flt Eng - do we take it your another Canuk ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Oh boy, I tink we got anodder one of dem camikaze canadians!