Revenue Protection Cutter

Started by zenrat, April 22, 2020, 04:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks folks.

I evened up the sides today, cleaned up some excess glue and added an extension to the vertical bit at the front.  The bit that curves up from the keel.
I know it will have a nautical comedy name,  Most parts of boats do.  Futtock shrouds and rowlocks for example.  It's probably called something like a willy post or a fore-noggler.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2020, 05:15:26 AM

I have increased the freeboard.

Increased?  :-\

More like DOUBLED!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Not doubled.  That's the camera angle.  Maybe increased by 50%.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2020, 05:06:41 AM

I know it will have a nautical comedy name,  Most parts of boats do.  Futtock shrouds and rowlocks for example.  It's probably called something like a willy post or a fore-noggler.

I'll ask my brother next time we talk, he was a shipwright back in the day when they still made ships on the Wear.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I'd be careful with your futtock shrouds  if I were you!!  Let them get too loose and your topmast goes all limp!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Stem*.

You're welcome**.

*I think

**I think...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

buzzbomb

Now you have enough freeboard to wedge a Trebuchet on it.

Ok, perhaps a Scorpion

zenrat

Or two pair of Lewis guns.

I started on the cabin thisarvo.
Revenue Protection Cutter WIP 09-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This is completely influenced by Strobez BTW.  His builds have inspired me to build stuff I wouldn't normally try.
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks Womby.  It is developing a character all of its own.   I'm not sure how much I have to do with that.

I've had to stop scratching up the cabin so I can paint the areas of the inside I won't be able to get at once the cabin sides are glued to the hull sides.

Fred

NARSES2

The sides of the cabin look as though they could be "swing out" sails for when a stealthy approach is needed ?  ;)

Looking good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Hmmm, I see what you mean.  They are like that because I can't glue them in place until I have painted the floor, engine and other detail bits inside that i won't be able to reach later.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2020, 04:47:26 AM
Hmmm, I see what you mean.  They are like that because I can't glue them in place until I have painted the floor, engine and other detail bits inside that i won't be able to reach later.

At least you've thought about it  :thumbsup:  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2020, 06:38:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2020, 04:47:26 AM

At least you've thought about it  :thumbsup:  ;)

Yes.  Unusually for me.  I usually steam right on in gluing stuff together only to realise detail painting is going to be impossible.  I must be learning...

:unsure:
Fred