Long haul OOB builds

Started by Bungle, April 22, 2020, 07:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 17, 2020, 04:20:07 AM
I love the old school Meccano jig.  :thumbsup: :wub:

That's what made me realise it was 1/72.  I had to go back to the fist post and check the box!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I to am a fan of your rigging sir, and it does suit the Japanese colours  :thumbsup: Indeed it looks more at home in them than British.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Another update.

So the rigging is done except for the undercarriage.

including the re-alligned tailplane cabling

The rigging was done with very fine florist wire. It would bend if you sneezed on it but it worked very well. Cabling was made with 'knicker elastic' thread ! Yes thread for repairing elasticated waist bands !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Next its on to the undercarriage. I cheated here rather than use the kits vacuformed wheel halves which I thought my collapse under the weight, I found a pair of the right size from the spares box.

I made a crossbar/axle even though the kit plans didn't show one. All the photo's I've seen have one and I think it would need one for deck landings.

The tail skid is an Aeroclub after-market part, there wasn't one with kit. So late last night the undercarriage met the kit with a formal introduction.

and that left enough time to marry up the wheels and the final (hooray!) rigging.

Is that an end I see before me ?  Touch up the paint work add the final bells and whistles, some decals - is that all?
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

loupgarou

Congratulations for your masterful build!  :thumbsup: And very well done rigging.
A vacform biplane kit is something I wouldn't dream of approching within 10 yards! :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Impressive rigging sir  :bow:

Quote from: loupgarou on May 20, 2020, 05:02:31 AM

A vacform biplane kit is something I wouldn't dream of approching within 10 yards! :o

You and me both sir
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Bungle

Finished !

Nothing to say pictures say it all

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Absolutely splendid sir  :bow:

It's only when you look at the externally mounted Vickers m.g. that you realise how big the thing is.

Old Wombat

Whoever designed that thing was on drugs but it's a great build, Bungle! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Bungle

Thank you for your comments.

I found this on the web ... it flies !!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZP04EiIPw

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's the one where the pilot has the most incredulous look on his face.

"What? You want me to FLY this thing???"  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

I did a bit of research on Blackburn, trying - in vain - to find what the Blackburn Blackburn's intended role was.  As I said, I never found that out, but I did find that Mr. Blackburn was an engineer with no particular gift of aesthetics. He built his aircraft to solid engineering principles - strong, simple as possible to create and maintain - and - many aircraft designers shared this naivety - faith that the promised engines would be a) forthcoming & available; and b) would work correctly.

One of his designs, (sorry, don't remember the name of it) was square, seen from the side.  All four longerons were the same length, and there were as few as possible complex curves.  It looked odd - but from an engineering standpoint it was brilliant.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

stevehed

Well done. Always nice to see a vac form completed. Definitely the place to go for the exotic.