Royal navy P-51 G Sea horse

Started by chrisonord, April 23, 2020, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2020, 02:05:27 PM
AZ will give you extra parts for specific versions - the F21 being a case in point - but they're not so mean as to take the unused bits off the sprues.

I'll second that. The AZ Mohawk I just got gives you a new sprue with fuselage halves and engine, whilst still leaving the original fuselage halves sprue in the box. You also get two  other engines on the original sprue.

I swear their late Me 109's have more "spare" parts than ones you actually use. It seems that way when you are trimming them off the sprues that's for sure.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've almost got enough Mirage F1 bits left over in the box for another one. Perhaps I'll stick them on a Hunter and see what it looks like.

Or I would if I HAD a Hunter here of course.............  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I've been playing with the idea of casting some props that I want multiples off, it's been a lot of trial & error as I find out how to do it.

Done this for now, I started off by casting a couple of DH Hornet port props, which I then cut all the blades off, These were then glued to a P-51H/F-82 spinner.

This is it painted up, my plan is to build the XP-51G which had a Rolls Royce supplied Merlin engine of over 2000hp installed with a five-blade prop

My problem is I have used all my casting supplies trying to get something that will cast properly, so until I can get a new supply, everything is in limbo. I can cast up some DH Hornet port engine props though ----  ;) I just don't have the starboard engine prop dropped into a mould yet (no silicone).

I'm going to make 'handed' five-blade props for the F-82, I will also make 'handed' five-blade props for the Hornet, the idea is RR squeezed a few more horses out of the Merlin 130/131's.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

I would be happy with a five bladed prop for the mustang to be honest, just to make it that bit different. I will keep it doing my homework and probably buy an aforementioned kit. I have been through all my spare propellers and none are suitable. Bugger :banghead: Thanks everyone for the the useful information as this era of aircraft are quite an unknown quantity to me  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

I've just remembered - Quickboost did a five blade Spitfire prop and spinner, which came with a handy assembly jig. I *think* it was intended for the Academy kit. Try finding that?

PM me with your address - I should have something in the spares box that I'm unlikely to use.  I know there's a load of Pegasus white metal Griffon blades and some plastic spinners from his second tooling of the Spiteful - I never use them and they're just sitting there going to waste.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Just looked at the Special Hobby Spitfire Mk. 21 and it has Eleven prop blades so you can physically build both the five bladed prop and the contra rotating prop and still have a full Spitfire.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....