Accidental Entry(?)

Started by Caveman, April 26, 2020, 02:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

My wife's hockey team buddies have come up with an interesting way to stave off cabin fever. Each week they are setting their group a random challenge. Last week was build a little Pirate Ship kits. Obviously I couldn't just passively watch from the sidelines so I had a go at scratch building one out of cardboard, paper, skewers, thread and white glue. As boats are reasonably naval, I thought I'd throw it up here. I think she is a topsail sloop from circa C17/C18. Im glad I went with a single mast...

Build progress below, this was very much a TLAR type engineering project. I used a few photos of

If you guys reckon it fits within the rules Ill upload some pics to the finished builds section.
secretprojects forum migrant

zenrat

Does it fit?
Heck yes.  Unless someone can show me photographic evidence that its a RW build, then its in.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

jcf

Looks more a gaff-rigged topsail cutter, the two foresails and the mast being set further aft than
a sloop.

:thumbsup:

RN Cutter Fly, 1763.

Caveman

I think you're probably right
secretprojects forum migrant

jcf

Give it big sideboards like a Dutch jacht and say it was used for shallow-water patrol and combat.

Or perhaps a centre-board like a Chesapeake Bay sharpie.

Old Wombat

Cutter Fly? :unsure: ... Sounds like a vicious Butterfly. :wacko:

Hat! Coat! Gone! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est