Back from the shadows: Draken page 12

Started by flappydaffy, May 13, 2020, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

Whatever.

DogfighterZen

Excellent work on both the F-84 and the P-35. Love the camos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

The P-35 might be unlikely, but the camouflage turned out very well.  :thumbsup:

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Welcome back ! And that's coming back in style ! Love the camo and details on both birds....amazing reality. Cheers !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

stevehed

Very nice with cracking camouflage. I can also see it as an Italian in Spain. Perhaps being tested against the Fait G50.

NARSES2

Quote from: stevehed on May 17, 2020, 04:33:37 PM
Very nice with cracking camouflage. I can also see it as an Italian in Spain. Perhaps being tested against the Fait G50.

Very much so. It does remind me of the Re 2000 line as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

flappydaffy

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 18, 2020, 12:19:44 AM
Quote from: stevehed on May 17, 2020, 04:33:37 PM

Very much so. It does remind me of the Re 2000 line as well

apparently they arent related... but fooled me as well

ChernayaAkula

Marvellous work on both of them!  :wub:

How did you get the lines on the F-84 so neat? Very thin masking tape?
The canopy sealant on the F-84G looks also really nice and tidy.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

Two excellent builds, there, flappydaffy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

flappydaffy

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 18, 2020, 10:19:11 AM
Marvellous work on both of them!  :wub:

How did you get the lines on the F-84 so neat? Very thin masking tape?
The canopy sealant on the F-84G looks also really nice and tidy.

Hi ChernayaAkula,

you are right sir, sealant on the canopy is pencil

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 16, 2020, 01:31:53 AM
The P-35 might be unlikely, but the camouflage turned out very well.  :thumbsup:
Less unlikely than you might think.

Of all the possible customers, Japan took delivery of 20 two-seat derivatives of P-35 (SEV-2PA or AT-12 as the USAAC knew it). What if Japan had ifrst bought the single-seat variant first, and after judging it to lack the required range and acquiring the two-seater long-range variant, sending the single-seaters to the Nationalists to show their commitment to the Anti-Comintern Pact?

Alternatively, Seversky's export efforts could have succeeded far earlier than the OTL deal with the Swedes, and Portuguese Air Force bought the decidedly more modern-looking P-35's instead of Gladiators. In OTL, Portuguese airmen served with the Nationalist air forces during the Spanish Civil War, so it's not a stretch to believe that Portuguese aircraft could have participated too, what with Salazar's regime openly supporting the Nationalists.

Where there's a whiff there's a way ;D