Back from the shadows: Draken page 12

Started by flappydaffy, May 13, 2020, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flappydaffy

and number 5 for this year is in.

correctly guessed by DogFighterZen it is a Comanche, in the well known Canadian Air force finish. Kit is from revell, almost from the box (weapons came from a Revell Tiger  :o), Decals are from Superscale for the F-18 Hornet. Paint has been a pain, been at it for 7years, could not get it to work properly (grey too light, too dark, black not ok, etc). In the end i'm happy with the overall result and sure happy i took my time.

build
cockpit is from the box, nose sensor was rebuilt from scratch

finished model
soon to be joined by the KA-58  ;D

hope you like it :)

cheers from Brussels  <_<

McColm

63cpe

Love the Pinto's weathering on the natural metal Pinto is astonishing!
Paint job on the comanche is also very neat. Well done!

David aka 63CPE

philp

Nice,
I have the old Monogram snap together kit mostly done and then lost interest.  I might need to revisit it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Wardukw

Lovely job mate...i would say it was well worth the wait  :thumbsup: ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 29, 2022, 06:33:18 PM
Lovely job mate...i would say it was well worth the wait  :thumbsup: ;D

No doubt of that!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

comrade harps

Whatever.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

flappydaffy

Hi all,

sorry for the long wait until the next finished one. Will to build model was there but I couldn't get myself to finish something but that drought has ended... please welcome the KA-58 from the Mongolian Army air Brigade!

The kit
Revell reboxing of the Zvezda kit, aftermarket from Eduard (photoetch + weapons) and Neomega (seats) was used. Decals are from Casper Decals. And some paint mask from DN models got used.

the build
Build was a pain in the... uhm I mean a delight  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  cockpit detail was poor, so it got rebuilt in scratch based on plans of the real thing  ;)  ;) fit was terrible, surface detail disappeared during sanding process since the surface was like an orange peal and had to be smoothened. Bay doors were also rebuilt in scratch.

In the end, the cockpit remains well visible through the big canopy. So all that rebuild work was time well spent (and is was fun to do)

Wish I had kept the orignal bay doors for comparison... they were 3mm thick  :o

Paintjob
Paints used were from MRP ( :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: ) and white patern was applied bit by bit. Took some time and masking tape and the angles between the surface proved a challenge, but in the end all is well that ends well.

finished model
The KA58 is part of the same group build I started over 8 years ago with the Comanche and the Z10. All 3 will be in winter Camo in the end and Z10 will return to the workbench soon  :mellow:

Hope you all like it, comments, tips, tricks and jokes always welcome :)

Happy new year to all, may this be a good one :)

Greetz from Brussels

Julian

Rick Lowe

killnoizer

Your camo  design of the whole blog is absolute amazing !!!    The copter at top looks a little bit like flying koi fish .
 Fantastic level of painting and style !
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

There's models out there with great paint jobs and then there's this...holy crap pickles man..pain in the arse maybe..end result...epic  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

comrade harps

Stunning inside (a wonderful cockpit view) and out.  :wub:
Whatever.