Back from the shadows: Draken page 12

Started by flappydaffy, May 13, 2020, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

That's a tremendous finish  :bow:  :bow:

Quote from: killnoizer on January 05, 2023, 07:48:18 PMThe copter at top looks a little bit like flying koi fish .

I was thinking they had a certain fish like look to them myself. Maybe they are flown by the Aquaphibians from the old British puppet show "Stingray" ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Quote from: killnoizer on January 05, 2023, 07:48:18 PMYour camo  design of the whole blog is absolute amazing !!!    The copter at top looks a little bit like flying koi fish .
 Fantastic level of painting and style !

never saw it that way... and now I can't unsee it  ;D  ;D  Koi Copter it is  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Smooth build & brilliant camo! Excellent result! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

Quote from: flappydaffy on January 08, 2023, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: killnoizer on January 05, 2023, 07:48:18 PMYour camo  design of the whole blog is absolute amazing !!!    The copter at top looks a little bit like flying koi fish .
 Fantastic level of painting and style !

never saw it that way... and now I can't unsee it  ;D  ;D  Koi Copter it is  :thumbsup:

I am sorry to change your view ,  I believe you thought about a STRONG BIG WHITE TIGER .
But it's just a Koi .  :cheers:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

flappydaffy

Hi all,

Will to build this year is strong, so I keep riding it  ;D second one finished for this year and the next ones are already on the bench (delivery might be delayed...)

the Kit

Hasegawe Draken 1/48, Aires cockpit - airbrakes - exhaust - vertical tail air intake - reco nose, Dmold seamless intakes, PJ productions pilot and DXM decals. Saab logo is curtousy of a friend from the local Saab Fan Club  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The build
Overall the build was fun, finding a nice way to use the wooden stand took some effort (first one ended up in the bin). First difficulty was to get the pilot to sit properly. A little surgery later he was comfortable.

Next came painting the nice Aires details, enjoyed this a lot and in the end almost nothing remains visible  :banghead:  but I know it is there... and I have pictures to prove it. ;D

next came assembly, fit with the intakes was not optimal (but far from bad). Only part that requires attention is the fuselage - exhaust junction. For some reason both piece are bent to the inside and result in a V shape junction. Putty and sanding required  :-\

Finished model
After some MRP and Alcald... tadaaaaaaaa a nice japanese Draken  :wub:

En voila! (as we say in French) Comment always welcome.

And just to keep you guys interested, the ones currently on the bench are Eggplanes, Yak 3, Saab Viggen, Javelin, Mig-23, Mirage 3, etc...

Cheers from Brussels

Julian

Old Wombat

Oooh! That looks nice! :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:

I'm waiting for a 1/48 Draken to appear in Australia, so I can build it & a Viggen in RAAF colours. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

That scheme suits the Draken very well, great work! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

And I thought that cockpit looked amazing..which it does...then the plane appears and bingo bango..bloody superb Julian. :thumbsup: ;D  .
ive got to hunt down a Viggin  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Firefox

That's one of the nicest Draken I've seen so far  :wub:  :thumbsup: