Back from the shadows: Draken page 12

Started by flappydaffy, May 13, 2020, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flappydaffy

Quote from: Snowtrooper on May 22, 2020, 03:17:39 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 16, 2020, 01:31:53 AM
The P-35 might be unlikely, but the camouflage turned out very well.  :thumbsup:
Less unlikely than you might think.

Of all the possible customers, Japan took delivery of 20 two-seat derivatives of P-35 (SEV-2PA or AT-12 as the USAAC knew it). What if Japan had ifrst bought the single-seat variant first, and after judging it to lack the required range and acquiring the two-seater long-range variant, sending the single-seaters to the Nationalists to show their commitment to the Anti-Comintern Pact?

Alternatively, Seversky's export efforts could have succeeded far earlier than the OTL deal with the Swedes, and Portuguese Air Force bought the decidedly more modern-looking P-35's instead of Gladiators. In OTL, Portuguese airmen served with the Nationalist air forces during the Spanish Civil War, so it's not a stretch to believe that Portuguese aircraft could have participated too, what with Salazar's regime openly supporting the Nationalists.

Where there's a whiff there's a way ;D

Oh shoot, I didn't think I made an historically accurate aircraft ^^

flappydaffy

And here it is, the first finished model for this year (certainly not the last ;) )

Tamiya 1/48, some Eduard photoetch for the cockpit and Kora Decals. Paints are Tamiya, XF-18 & XF-50

Plane was seized at the end of the war from Japan by China's People Army and went on to have a long lasting carreer as coast patrol aircraft.

Comments more than welcome :) I like the camo better than the one suggested on the box ;)

Rick Lowe

Hey, welcome back!

I like the splinter on the first two, the F-84 especially.

And the Floatplane is very nice, I particularly like the exhaust staining.
The Post-War Chinese roundels are certainly different.

All get a well-deserved  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

I like the N1K1's paint scheme (looks pretty anime-ish) and the weathering on the fuselage.

AndrewF

PR19_Kit

Super job on that floatplane.  :thumbsup:

There's something about single floatplanes that's fascinating, not sure what it is, but they always look good.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I've got a soft spot for the N1K1.  Good job.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I do like that N1K1  :bow:

Chinese People's AF is a goldmine for those "I never knew they had those" types and the markings look good as well. Indeed you sometimes have to double check they didn't actually use your proposed Whif.  ;D

If you ever get the chance to go to Beijing then visit the military museum, it's certainly an eye opener when it comes to what the People's forces were using post WWII.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Glenn Gilbertson

TheChronicOne

Excellent!!! I like everything in here, especially the F-84. 
-Sprues McDuck-

philp

All three of these are excellent but I think I like the P-35 the best.  Can't wait to see what is next.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

comrade harps

Whatever.

Tophe

with so perfect panel lines :thumbsup: , I don't think this N1K1 scale is 1/48 but 1/1, for sure! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]