Back from the shadows: Draken page 12

Started by flappydaffy, May 13, 2020, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

That's got certain jewellery like characteristics  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Hi there,

yes yes another plane is ready ...but don't get fooled, I have a lot of builds stuck in decal/weathering phase, so this fast pace is the result of years past ^^

Anyway, YF23 Philipines Air force
kit: Hobbyboss
décals: Aztec and Caracal
paints: MRP 203 204 202
masks: Foxbot for SU30
aftermarket: True details seat, Scale Aircraft Conversion undercariage

Overall a fun build (great details in the cockpit and wheelwells) but 2 major flaws. Exhausts have to be rescribed on the vertical surfaces and the wings are thinner than the fuselage. Had I known I would have glued the wings to the fuselage halves, but I didn't so a lot of putty was needed.

Some issues with the decals as well, the ones from Aztec show a lot of silvering on the text ones (Phil air force and big 6 on tail).

In the end, an impressive bird and a cool addition to my collection.

Comments and remarks more then welcome  :thumbsup:

Cockpit detail is great, only the seat needs te be changed.

Details on the wheelwells are nice but the undercariage is lacking wires. Also they have to be replaced with metal ones. The plastic ones bend under the weight of the plane. Scale Aircraft Conversion pieces fit the kit like a glove as they are copies of the plastic parts.

That's all for now folks!

Greetz from Brussels

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That's an awesome scheme & build, flappydaffy! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Would you call that digital camouflage or is it more segregated edged ?

Whatever it's a fantastic build and great cockpit  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

Captain Canada

Phenomenal work ! That thing is out ofthis world. Nice one !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Wow.  Great build.

:thumbsup:

The entire Philippine Airforce budget spent on one aircraft...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

FAR148

Dude! That digital camo job is off the chain  :o :wub: :thumbsup:

Awesome, just Awesome!

Steven

flappydaffy

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 06, 2021, 06:14:13 AM
Would you call that digital camouflage or is it more segregated edged ?

Whatever it's a fantastic build and great cockpit  :bow:

I will go with Digital Camo :D Not my first, but first time I use pre-cut masks (somehow it makes the paintjob way  faster, go figure...)

Thanks all for the nice comments  :wub: :wub:

Just for the fun of it a group picture

flappydaffy

Quote from: zenrat on October 07, 2021, 03:07:02 AM
Wow.  Great build.

:thumbsup:

The entire Philippine Airforce budget spent on one aircraft...

They got a good deal... 1 aircraft + one complementary keychain  ;D ;D

flappydaffy

...And here we go! (#thejoker)

another one finished this, that makes 6 so far  ;D for once I might end up building more kits than buying them this year  :mellow:

After testing by the navy, the conversion kit for the Wildcat caught the eye of the Finnish High Comand. Having ordered Wildcats to be able to operate them from short hidden airfields, the floatplane conversion was the next logical step. They would make it possible to them in the fjords (and the Fins had the impression they had a few of those). Short testing confirmed that water surface had good resistance to bomb impact, no mater how often the bomb struck it, it always returned to a flat surface in a few minutes... what else of an excuse did Finland need to order Wildcatfishs?

F-4F 3S Wildcatfish

kit: Hobbyboss
décals: TEchmod
paints: Tamiya and Gunze
masks: Montex (roundels)
aftermarket: Eduard photoetch (cockpit) Aires (Engine)

i couldn't find pictures of the build  :banghead: in order to make it sit on its floats, lots of weight was added to the tip of the floaters and just behind the engine. This resulted in a cracked canopy  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: the excessive weight in the nose tipped the plane over when the float were not installed and it landed on the canopy  :banghead: I will try to find a replacement one, but this is no prio... in the meantime enjoy the pictures

Let's not forget the familly portrait #floatplanes for the win!!

perttime

The Finnish Wildcatfish is great!
... and Finland having fjords is a matter of definition. Some like to call a place in my area "the longest inland fjord of Scandinavia" (though Finland is not part of Scandinavia). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paarlahti  There's certainly no shortage of lakes in the Land of a Thousand Lakes.

PR19_Kit

That does look REALLY good, and I LOVE your collection of floatplanes, superb work.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AndrewF