Lockheed Martin F-16W - FINISHED - PAG.13

Started by DogfighterZen, May 17, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 25, 2023, 12:00:13 PMit was an accident and totally my fault.
No, it is the fault of (bad) fate... you are innocent, you are good, as proven by this great model ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Quote from: Rheged on April 25, 2023, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 10:50:57 AMOhh multi lingual swearing...now that's talent I'm glad some of us have  ;D  ;D

Thanks to a grammar school classical education, I can proudly claim the ability to curse in Latin and classical Greek !!.............................but no-one understands what I'm saying.

Ah well, back to French, Mandarin and basic Anglo-Saxon.
OK I was happy with German..Italian ..some French and English but Latin  and classical Greek ???.
Dude that's on a whole different level 😳 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Crap happens Zen mate..it's all part of modeling..we've all done it, and there's no doubt we'll do it again. 😉
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Can't be too bad. You seem to have fixed it very quickly. Nice work.
I really like your take on this F-16. I plan to do something like this with a Monogram F-16XL.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on April 25, 2023, 02:17:02 PMI plan to do something like this with a Monogram F-16XL.
Is the Monogram XL kit including 2 (slightly different) fins (like Revell F-16C 1/144)? Or will you need 2 kits to build one double-fin model? :unsure:  ;)

kerick

Quote from: Tophe on April 25, 2023, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: kerick on April 25, 2023, 02:17:02 PMI plan to do something like this with a Monogram F-16XL.
Is the Monogram XL kit including 2 (slightly different) fins (like Revell F-16C 1/144)? Or will you need 2 kits to build one double-fin model? :unsure:  ;)

There is no extra fin as the kit is a model of the prototype for the F-16 XL. However, a twin fin version is an excellent idea. I already have plenty of F-16 fins or I could use something slightly smaller.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 10:50:57 AMOhh multi lingual swearing...now that's talent I'm glad some of us have  ;D  ;D

Thanks to a grammar school classical education, I can proudly claim the ability to curse in Latin and classical Greek !!.............................but no-one understands what I'm saying.

OK I was happy with German..Italian ..some French and English but Latin  and classical Greek ???.

:o Latin and Greek... now that's what i call old school swearing...  ;)  ;D

Quote from: Tophe on April 25, 2023, 12:09:17 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 25, 2023, 12:00:13 PMit was an accident and totally my fault.
No, it is the fault of (bad) fate... you are innocent, you are good, as proven by this great model ;)

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 12:13:42 PMCrap happens Zen mate..it's all part of modeling..we've all done it, and there's no doubt we'll do it again. 😉

Quote from: kerick on April 25, 2023, 02:17:02 PMCan't be too bad. You seem to have fixed it very quickly. Nice work.
I really like your take on this F-16. I plan to do something like this with a Monogram F-16XL.

Thanks for the support, gentlemen. :thumbsup:
I have done some tests on the XL with twin tails and have at least 5 different variants planned so, i'll keep an eye out in case you build yours first. :thumbsup:
The Viper has so many possibilities for whiffing, that why i still have 30 F-16 kits of several variants in the stash and in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales. ;D

Regarding the F-16W, i'll try to fix the nose tomorrow after lunch while i wait for the Hunter's gloss coat to dry up...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 25, 2023, 08:17:01 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 12:11:19 PM

:o Latin and Greek... now that's what i call old school swearing...  ;)  ;D

Quote from: Tophe on April 25, 2023, 12:09:17 PM

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 12:13:42 PMCrap happens Zen mate..it's all part of modeling..we've all done it, and there's no doubt we'll do it again. 😉

Quote from: kerick on April 25, 2023, 02:17:02 PMCan't be too bad. You seem to have fixed it very quickly. Nice work.

Thanks for the support, gentlemen. :thumbsup:
I have done some tests on the XL with twin tails and have at least 5 different variants planned so, i'll keep an eye out in case you build yours first. :thumbsup:
The Viper has so many possibilities for whiffing, that why i still have 30 F-16 kits of several variants in the stash and in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales. ;D

Regarding the F-16W, i'll try to fix the nose tomorrow after lunch while i wait for the Hunter's gloss coat to dry up...
Ahhh one version Zenny boy here hasn't mentioned and I'm not gonna build it so I can ...a twin fin..twin seat..twin engined F-16  :wacko: 👹😈

DogfighterZen

It's funny that you mentioned the twin engine Viper... i've had a Super Hornet and a Mitsubishi F-2A in the spare kits box set aside for a while with a kitbash in mind... But there are so many other kits i wanna build before i get to that... :rolleyes:  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Same problem here matey. So many ideas..so little space  ;D

kerick

The idea so far involving the F-16XL uses many parts from a Hasegawa Sufa, a twin seat conversion and also their weapon sets. The idea of twin fins adds a whole new range of possibilities. A new diveterless intake for one. Twin engines I had not thought of either. Twin engines might need twin intakes. Replace the back half of the F-16 with the rear half of a F-15. This project might get a quite a rethink. Or go ahead with the original plan and do the twin set project later.
So many ideas, so little time!
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

So, i've managed to recover the nose from the damage it sustained in the crash...

Had to fill it with CA glue first then there were a couple of bubbles left to fill so i used some Sprue-goo and, after sanding that down, i still had some imperfections in the form of the different layers of paint and varnish that left a visible step where i had to sand down to bare plastic.
I had to find a solution and that was to hand-brush a few licks of XF-19 straight from the pot so it was thick enough to cover the difference. Left it dry properly and sanded the paint down very gently to get it all smooth again.
After smoothness was achieved, i resprayed some more XF-19 and now it just needs a gloss coat to completely homogenize the finish.
This was small but good progress as i was losing motivation to keep this one going but, i'm a stubborn thing anyway so it will be finished.  :mellow:

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 21, 2023, 01:30:57 PMi still had some imperfections in the form of the different layers of paint and varnish that left a visible step where i had to sand down to bare plastic.
I had to find a solution
In the whif world, "imperfection" may be originality, so: goodness!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 21, 2023, 01:30:57 PMso it will be finished.  :mellow:
Good! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Excellent work on the recovery, mate! :thumbsup:

Not my kind of bird but I'm getting the feeling she's going to be a stunner! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

2996 Victor

Great save after the forced landing! I'm forever dropping things - glad the damage wasn't too extensive.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48