Lockheed Martin F-16W - FINISHED - PAG.13

Started by DogfighterZen, May 17, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2023, 03:11:51 AMI've also got, and still use, a heap of the Humbrol Military colours that they sold in specific sets. Date back to my wargaming days, but some of the Ancient's colours in particular are still extremely useful.

Back home, so had a look. The range was called Humbrol Authentics. Some very useful colours, especially if you were a figure painter. Their uniform ranges were and still are very useful. I suppose in a way it was very similar to what Hataka do now.

(Edit - Had a quick look and there are 15 tinlets still in the ready use drawer. Have to be 40/45 years old ?  :thumbsup: )

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Ok, life's been busy and only got to spray the white bits last night so, when i get home from work today, i'll spray a good gloss coat on everything and get started on the decals as soon as it's dry. :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Decals are done, and as tonight is pizza night at work, i go in at around 2pm so i had some time to spray some XF-19 light grey on the pylons.

Getting closer to the finish line... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

So, the landing gear bits and loadout are ready, just need a varnish coat and today i finally got to spray a gloss coat on the model to seal in the decals so, it's been left to dry for now, along with the PoAF Hunter that got the same treatment. Next is to give it a panel line wash. :mellow:

:cheers:

Tophe

Old Wombat

:thumbsup:

Makes for an interesting looking display team. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 23, 2023, 09:54:35 AM:thumbsup:

Makes for an interesting looking display team. ;)

Had the same thought when i was taking the pic.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Ok, so it's a national holiday in Portugal, sunny and warm outside, the birds are singing so i thought it was going to be a relaxing morning spent at the bench... i grab the model to begin applying a wash and somehow, i drop it on it's nose onto the cutting mat... F2€{K Yeah! well done... someone slap my face with a lead glove, please.... :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Damage sustained: nose tip flattened and seam unglued about 0,5cm, right wing came off, left vert stab about 80% unglued.
Already glued the wing and vert stab back and also refilled the nose tip with some CA glue, after running some TET into the seam on the inside.
After the CA glue dries up, i'll have to sand and reshape the tip but i'm using the opportunity to build up the nose tip a bit more so i can use the Master turned brass pitot tube on it.

Tophe

NARSES2

That's a .............. :banghead:  Just glad you managed to start fixing it  :thumbsup:  I'd have probably gone off and sulked for a day  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Ouch! :-\

Well, at least you (re) gained your composure & went to work fixing it (after shouting & swearing & cursing it in fluent Portuguese, maybe adding some good Anglo-Saxon terms for good measure). :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Ohh multi lingual swearing...now that's talent I'm glad some of us have  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Chris, when it happened i was ready to set all models aside for the day but i quickly got back cause i really wanna get this done, no matter what. Stuff happens and that's how it goes, it was an accident and totally my fault. The longer i take to fix it, the longer it will bother me so, nothing left to do but to get on with it, right?  ;)

I did say a swear word in Portuguese, it just came out... but i was simply too disappointed that i couldn't even think of what to say, i just stared at it for a while...
Luckily, the damage wasn't that serious, the wing didn't fully detach, so the paint wasn't even chipped, same with the vert stab. The nose is a different story, there's a blob of CA glue curing. When i get it shaped again i'll fit the pitot tube and repaint it...  :banghead:

I'll get back at it when i finish the Hunter's decals... :rolleyes:

Rheged

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 25, 2023, 10:50:57 AMOhh multi lingual swearing...now that's talent I'm glad some of us have  ;D  ;D

Thanks to a grammar school classical education, I can proudly claim the ability to curse in Latin and classical Greek !!.............................but no-one understands what I'm saying.

Ah well, back to French, Mandarin and basic Anglo-Saxon.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet