Telford 2020 suggestions

Started by Freightdog862, May 20, 2020, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Colin IIRC you mentioned something about producing resin sets for older kits many may have in the stash, e.g. the recent F1/F3 conversion for the FROG/Hasegawa/Frogspawn Lightning F6.

So maybe for the future a set of Twin Wasps and radomes to convert tge Airfix Sunderland III to a 5?

I know there's now a 5 out there, but...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_R-1830_Twin_Wasp
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

A 'cottage company' called Canovac produced such a conversion/update in the 1990s.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

'Canovac', hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That rings a bell somewhere, but I'm not sure why.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Not quite sure what they did, but certainly vacform canopies.  I have one of their Hornet ones somewhere and a Spitfire mk 12 conversion, with an engine cowling and spinner in a weird black resin.  They must have been about in the late 80s/early 90s as part of the explosion of small cottage manufacturers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2020, 08:45:56 AM
Not quite sure what they did, but certainly vacform canopies.  I have one of their Hornet ones somewhere and a Spitfire mk 12 conversion, with an engine cowling and spinner in a weird black resin.  They must have been about in the late 80s/early 90s as part of the explosion of small cottage manufacturers.

Yep, mostly vacform canopies but yes some resin items too, including a replacement nose for the old school Airfix Defiant.  IIRC their 'catalogue' was a sheet of A5 paper!

'Canovak' is refererred to at https://www.scalemates.com/brands/canovak--6828.  Not the spelling I recall but the product line looks familiar.  No mention of a Sunderland set but I do recall seeing it on a list.  Never saw any of their releases in reality (as far as I recall).

The Wooksta!

The one that has me stumped for a manufacturer's name is a white metal conversion for a mk XII that I was given some years back.  Two piece cowling with integrally moulded exhausts, blisters, rudder, spinner, blades and oil cooler.  With photocopied handwritten instructions on an a5 sheet.

Never seen or heard of it before but obtained another cowling later in a box of bits I bought at 'uddersfield, assembled and in a red primer.  Think it had been used as a master as there was two resin clones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

With reference to 'The Admiralty and AEW ' by Chris Gibson.  On page 18 opposite to the  HS.125 /Dominie AEW proposals  there's a line drawing of the Blackburn Buccaneer with an extended nose  the P.139/4 and if you were to re-release the P.1216 there was a AEW proposal as well on page 35.

Mossie

Since your doing Dominie sets, Colin, I'm just going to drop this here...

;D ;D ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

That is marvelous  :wub:
I would buy one of those conversions.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!