Grumman F9F-2 Panther - RAN FAA. Finished Pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, May 25, 2020, 05:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks mate.

I did some touch up to the paint today.  I should have done this before I cleared it but I was in a rush and forgot (see what happens when I hurry).  It should look OK as i'll be adding another coat of clear gloss over the decals and then a coat of satin to dull the whole thing down.
I also painted the first coat on the UC bays and the intakes
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

VickersVandal

Naval jets of this era were the Duck's Nuts. I like what you're doing here.

I'm also probably going to buy a Panther kit for the stash now because of you. And maybe some other similar jets. When they find my body and take my wife into custody, you may be a Person of Interest in the investigation. Just giving you fair warning...
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

zenrat

Quote from: VickersVandal on June 17, 2020, 01:04:50 AM
Naval jets of this era were the Duck's Nuts. I like what you're doing here.

I'm also probably going to buy a Panther kit for the stash now because of you. And maybe some other similar jets. When they find my body and take my wife into custody, you may be a Person of Interest in the investigation. Just giving you fair warning...

Give your wife my e-mail address.  I may be able to help her - plenty of space to hide your body down under.   ;D

This Hasegawa kit has raised panel lines and some slight fit issues.  Nothing unexpected though given its age and the aircrafts design makes sanding the whole thing smooth fairly easy.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Transfers are now in place.  Here is a poorly framed photo.

Panther WIP 23-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Yes I know the roos on the wing are the "wrong way up" but I prefer them like that.
Markings are actually for a RAN Sea Fury.
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2020, 02:11:08 AM
Yes I know the roos on the wing are the "wrong way up" but I prefer them like that.

Did I say anything? :angel:

Markings are actually for a RAN Sea Fury.

Flying off HMAS Sydney (III). ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 23, 2020, 02:24:48 AM

Did I say anything? :angel:

You were thinking it.  I could tell...
:wacko:

It's actually only the letters and numbers that are from the Sea Fury as they obviously didn't carry the roos.
Fred

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on June 23, 2020, 03:16:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2020, 03:05:52 AM
It's actually only the letters and numbers that are from the Sea Fury as they obviously didn't carry the roos.

Yes they did. At least some of them did, don't think the ones active in Korea had Roo's but later on...

Maybe they were still flying Furys when they changed?  I'm not sure when that happened.  All the pics i've been looking at are rooless but i have been concentrating on 1955 as i've been looking at stuff about the Auster incident.
Fred

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on June 23, 2020, 03:54:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2020, 03:35:01 AM
Quote from: Flyer on June 23, 2020, 03:16:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2020, 03:05:52 AM

Yes they did. At least some of them did, don't think the ones active in Korea had Roo's but later on...

Maybe they were still flying Furys when they changed?  I'm not sure when that happened.  All the pics i've been looking at are rooless but i have been concentrating on 1955 as i've been looking at stuff about the Auster incident.

I'm not sure either without looking it up, but info like that will be much easier for me to find in the very near future, Mrs Flyer won an eBay auction for a big stack of Stewart Wilson book's on Australian aircraft  for my birthday, just waiting impatiently for them to arrive. :rolleyes:

Woohoo!

Fred

NARSES2

Those early US Naval types seem to suit that style of Fleet Air Arm colours particularly well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 23, 2020, 05:19:06 AM
Those early US Naval types seem to suit that style of Fleet Air Arm colours particularly well  :thumbsup:

Banshee definitely does.  Looks completely natural in a 50s FAA scheme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Yep.
Banshee was the first of my RAN FAA whiffs.
RAN Banshee 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Hobbycraft kit.
Fred

chrisonord

Very nice Fred, I  could see one of those with the correct  roundels on it too ;D  ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Panther is fine - apart from the fin flash.  Given the time period, I doubt it would have one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Funny thing is the fin flash was an afterthought.  I forgot to source one from the transfers folder but while putting on the rest in my shed I found a pair of flashes lying on the table.  So I put them on.

Banshee had a flash added after the first pictures and the Seahawk & Super Etendard had them from the beginning.  Crusader doesn't have them.
Armstrong Whitworth Sea Hawk 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred