RAF Beagle Basset C.1 cockpit interior colours

Started by The Wooksta!, May 25, 2020, 05:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I've dug out the box containing three part started ones and Id like to do one as a communication aircraft operating from RAF Acklington in the early 70s.  I know the exterior scheme but the instructions are the really old ones and have long since disappeared anyway.

Anyhoo, does anyone have the colour scheme for the interior of the RAF ones?  I've tried google but that threw up either photos of Airfix kits or modern civil ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I've got two of the KitStarter Bassets at home, but the instructions are re-prints of the originals and they don't mention ANY internal colours at all!

I've sat aboard two RAF Bassets, one from the Queen's Flight (name dropping shamelessly  ;D) and they were as alike as chalk and cheese. IIRC the proper RAF one was plain black and grey everywhere, with pretty basic seats. The QF one was exactly the opposite, even the crew seats were maroon!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

chrisonord

Hya Lee, I  have an air Bassett that I  was about to build  but the floor panel  is missing. Do they look easy  enough  to replicate  as I  have  misplaced the  instructions on my  kit also, plus  if I remember correctly aren't much use for measuring up with.  Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: chrisonord on May 25, 2020, 11:56:06 AM
Hya Lee, I  have an air Bassett that I  was about to build  but the floor panel  is missing. Do they look easy  enough  to replicate  as I  have  misplaced the  instructions on my  kit also, plus  if I remember correctly aren't much use for measuring up with.  Cheers
Chris.

Aye, it's just a flat elongated square panel for the seats to go on.  Some 20 thou plastic card cut to shape would suffice.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

chrisonord

Thankyou Lee and Kit, I  wasn't sure if it was a stepped and tapered piece  like a lot of kit parts are. Marvellous, I will  have  another go at it now :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!