Royal airforce Germany B.A.C/SAAB Viggen

Started by chrisonord, May 25, 2020, 02:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have the old airfix kit of this marvelous aircraft, bought as I wanted the anti ship missiles for another project. I have decided upon it being an RAF multi role aircraft based in Germany during the 1970's. Say about 1975 or there abouts.
I should be able to get away with a wrap around camouflage scheme for it around this sort of time shouldn't I? Weapon load will be two aam's two tanks and a single centreline WE177 nuke. I don't have any spare Spey nozzles to fit in it so the engine could be a joint program between Volvo and rolls Royce. Said aircraft could be an export venture between the two companies(Saab and BAC), as a wiff world NATO multi role fighter aircraft too, as they have joined forces before apparently. The build is under way as I decided to start it whilst waiting for bits for my seastang's to arrive. The kit has a craving for putty shall we say, but nothing too serious. I am considering red tops ,but also leaning towards a pair of sidewinders to help gain export customers.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Gondor

You could say that it has the Volvo version of the Medway fitted just to add a little more whiff to the story.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Leading Observer on May 25, 2020, 03:24:42 PM
My build of something similar:https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=41909.msg719940#msg719940
Very nice Mr observer, and I  like the load out you have  given yours. I would like a  2 seater  but they are a bit  thin on the ground.
Chris

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on May 25, 2020, 03:27:30 PM
You could say that it has the Volvo version of the Medway fitted just to add a little more whiff to the story.

Gondor
Sounds like a good plan to  me Alastair.  It will need all the power and speed it can get as it will be dropping  instant  sunshine  as part of its job description.  :thumbsup:
Chris