A7 Corsair II 2 Escuadrillia de Caza Y Ataque, 3 Escuadra Aeronaval 1982

Started by Doug K, June 09, 2020, 01:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Not sure if I have the time but as I've just lost my job, I might!

IMG_4220 by doug_alba, on Flickr

zenrat

Sad to hear about your job mate.

I've got that kit and those exocets.  Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Bugger about the job, mate! :-\

Relax for a week or two & build the SLUF, then worry about a new job! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

ditto to the other guys.

Looking forward to how this might look

McColm

Sorry to hear that,  take some time out and I hope that you find something soon,  good luck  :thumbsup:

Doug K

So it's got wings and tailplanes, but it's a terrible moulding! I don't have time to sand and re-scribe (as I did on the Viking) so it's stubbed  almost smooth. I'm more interested in the paint & load-out on this one tbh

Doug K

Doug K

Decals on, finally. No time to clear-coat, weather or detail. Damn, missed another deadline.

Doug K

O, it's done. And I really am glad I missed the deadline, the Humbrol white was like putting cream cheese on with a pallet knife. Awful stuff. An yeah I know a bad workman blames his tools but, seriously, what ever happened to Humbrol??? Don't get me started on the Hasegawa kit or the ancient Airfix decals...... this took twice as long as a simple paint-job should have!!

Anyway, the inspiration for the build predates Dizzy's Crusader, honest! I was thinking bout what could have done even more damage than a Super Etendard with one round and an expectation to be flying on fumes to get home. So I'd need more hard points and a load more tanks, maybe slightly higher range in total and we'll ignore that the Exocet would be unlikely to easily mate to a bomber airframe from 10 years earlier. Or that the bomber wasn't designed as an anti-ship platform..... this is whiff world after all. And I love the Sluff - which is another reason the results here pain me.

I must move to acrylics and get an airbrush.....

IMG_4232 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_4234 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_4237 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_4231 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_4239 by doug_alba, on Flickr

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

Certainly looks the part.  :thumbsup: Makes me want to do a similarly armed French Corsair.  :mellow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: Doug K on June 15, 2020, 09:55:43 AM
O, it's done. And I really am glad I missed the deadline, the Humbrol white was like putting cream cheese on with a pallet knife. Awful stuff. An yeah I know a bad woman blames his tools but, seriously, what ever happened to Humbrol???

I think there's a lot of people saying the same thing. They used to be so good. They can't even get the design of the acrylic containers right, unless of course the design was intended to "gunge" the thread and make the cap fit on at a slant, if it fits on at all  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.