Started by PR19_Kit, June 12, 2020, 04:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 14, 2020, 06:30:05 AM

I STILL have the bits in The Loft!  :o

You also have part of the Loft in the Bathroom  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 15, 2020, 09:39:26 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 14, 2020, 06:30:05 AM

I STILL have the bits in The Loft!  :o

You also have part of the Loft in the Bathroom  :rolleyes:

Only the underfloor though, none of the kits that were up there.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

My vote goes to the F-89 option, for the weird look.  :thumbsup:

AeroplaneDriver

The freightdog is best quality, but like Dizzy I think the F-89 option gives it a weirdness that adds to the whiffery. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Except it's a straight wing Javelin, because they were unsure of the delta.  It has to have the Javelin nose, otherwise it's not as advertised - ie a straight wing Javelin.  If so, trades descriptions want a word.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Here's the basic assembly, with some PSR zones still evident. I chain drilled slots in the wing hole blanking plates to match with the F-89 wings and superglued them in place, I wasn't sure there was enough of a tag on the wings to hold strongly enough with normal cement.

It's looking pretty much how I wanted it too, thank goodness.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Looking good so far Kit. Reminds me a bit of a CT-114

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 15, 2020, 02:15:09 PM

Looking good so far Kit. Reminds me a bit of a CT-114

But 50% larger all round and twice as heavy I expect.  ;D

Glad you like it Alastair, thanks.

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

This kitbashed Javelin looks more original than the original Javelin itself did. That one looked seriously... well, kitbashed.  :blink:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Nice one Kit. To be honest, I wasn't at all sure whether this would look right* or not, but I think you've nailed it.

*For values of 'right' calibrated to Javelins...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Certainly nailed it Kit  :thumbsup: Actually it looks quite attractive, a bit like the Javelin's prettier sister  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

That's looking good!  :thumbsup: Cries somehow for large wing tip rocket pods and Canadian markings?

Mossie

Definitely nailed it. :thumbsup:. You can barely tell it's a Javelin.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 16, 2020, 12:14:20 AM

Cries somehow for large wing tip rocket pods and Canadian markings?

I used the LARGE rocket pods on the Canberra F10.  ;D I've still got the F-89J at home though, and a few more Javelin kits......  ;)

One step backward last night. I was heading up to bed with my camera and long lens to try an catch the Kites flying in the morning, and I dropped it......

Luckily its fall was broken, but by the Lance model!!!  :banghead:

The starboard wing, complete with the carefully carved blanking plate, broke clean out of the fuselage! I managed to get it back in place and added a few gallons of superglue along the joint, but it'll need a couple of non-scheduled PSR sessions to sort it all out. :(

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

The PSR and assembly work is first rate.  :thumbsup:
This is so in the zone for the era.
Loving it