Main Menu

The Gloster Lance FAW3

Started by PR19_Kit, June 12, 2020, 04:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 20, 2020, 09:26:24 PM

Very good.  Was there maybe a Lance  PR-19?
;D ;)

See post #62.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2020, 04:20:37 AM

;D ;)

See post #62.  ;D ;)

Surely that's a Javelin with loner wings and not a Lance.  I'm picturing a Javelin fuselage with much bigger intakes and 1/48 U2 wings.

Or Canberra wings for a four engined version.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2020, 04:30:16 AM

;D ;)

See post #62.  ;D ;)

Surely that's a Javelin with loner wings and not a Lance.  I'm picturing a Javelin fuselage with much bigger intakes and 1/48 U2 wings.

All VERY good ideas, to be 'taken under advisement', as our American friends would say.  ;D Thanks for the ideas.  :thumbsup:

Not quite sure how I could write a backstory that would fit in with the MB8/PR19/Hawker P.1086 time line though, but I'll work on it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2020, 05:06:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2020, 04:30:16 AM

;D ;)

See post #62.  ;D ;)

All VERY good ideas, to be 'taken under advisement', as our American friends would say.  ;D Thanks for the ideas.  :thumbsup:

Not quite sure how I could write a backstory that would fit in with the MB8/PR19/Hawker P.1086 time line though, but I'll work on it.  ;D

An unsuccessful prototype? :unsure:

Of course, that would mean you'd have to work pretty fast to get all the bits together by the 1st of July. :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sideshowbob9

Weaver

You got there in the end! Nice one Kit - looks good. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jalles

Fantastic bit of work!  Looks wonderful :wub:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2020, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2020, 05:06:38 AM

An unsuccessful prototype? :unsure:

Of course, that would mean you'd have to work pretty fast to get all the bits together by the 1st of July. :angel:

It's no co-incidence that I'm heading home on Tuesday (to inspect the bathroom ceiling of course...........) and that'll give me an opportunity to collect some stock.  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

The Rat

It may have been a fight, but you won, and it was totally worth it!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Oh yes ! That looks so right. Great idea and even better execution. Defo an idea worth saving !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks so right & plausible - another good one! :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on June 23, 2020, 10:39:57 AM
That looks so right & plausible - another good one! :thumbsup:

Isn't it just.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

chrisonord

I have only just seen this Kit, I  must say that this is definitely  the Javelin's better looking sister for sure  :wub:
I had to look in my secret projects book, as I  could have sworn I had seen it in there.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

So pleased you like it Chris, thanks.   :thumbsup:

I think using the T3 as a basis has some bearing on it looking better than the 'normal' fighters, the extra nose length on the T3 gives it just that edge in the looks department.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I'm going to go against the tide - it doesn't work for me at all.  Nice model and some superb skills displayed, but no, not for me.  I dislike the Javelin to start with.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic