End of the Line

Started by NARSES2, June 13, 2020, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I now have an airframe. Needs a little p.s.r. on the underside, but that's down to me and my eyesight  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

As said elsewhere I've had a couple of rough days, but this build was always my backup anyway. So if she gets parked it will only be a week or so and I'll finish her next week.

We shall see.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 14, 2020, 11:33:26 PM
That's what I see
I see no plane silhouette yet, and we are Friday evening close to the end. Anyway, even if it is too late for this fast GB, please finish (someday) this uncommon interesting plane <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

It will be finished Tophe, probably in the next 10 days or so

Tophe

NARSES2

Right I'm moving this to the general thread. If anyone want's their build moved then drop me a PM  :thumbsup:

Chris

chrisonord

I too am liking the look of this Chris.  Very sleek and lethal  looking  creature  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

tahsin

Needs Space Shuttle tanks with an altitude of 800 kilometers. Not mocking the English of the company/this is the whif site. (Please check the photo in case of confusion.)

The Rat

That's a handsome looking bit of kit.  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Quote from: tahsin on June 21, 2020, 12:25:24 PM
Needs Space Shuttle tanks with an altitude of 800 kilometers. Not mocking the English of the company/this is the whif site. (Please check the photo in case of confusion.)

Ah, yes. I see what you mean  :angel:

Tophe

I did not know the silhouette of this elegant fighter, and that made me imagine Mustang derivatives at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=4461.2475
Thanks! ;D

NARSES2

Right I decided to fit the canopy prior to primer coat as being a vacform I knew it would need a little fairing in. Now they do provide you with two, but they are both simply awful  :angry:

Quite possibly the worst examples of vacform canopies that I've seen and I really don't say that lightly. I've built a fair few Unicraft kits in my time and they have certainly been no worse and in most cases slightly better. They are simply plunge moulded "blobs" with a large amount of waste material and no framework at all to even start to help you work out where to start cutting. The quality of the plastic that's been used is also pretty poor so the one advantage you normally get with vacform canopies, clarity, is not even there.

Anyway after ruining my first attempt I managed to learn from my mistakes and get a vaguely "passable" example with my second, and final attempt. It will need a lot of fairing in, but I think I can get there in the end. I was tempted to put it aside for a bit, but thought if I did that I'd never return to it so "onward's and upwards" as they say, although I doubt "they'd" have said that if they'd seen this ?  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

It looks as if a sawn down F-16 canopy might fit.

But then I doubt you'd have anything to do with such a machine, would you Chris?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 06, 2020, 06:46:36 AM
It looks as if a sawn down F-16 canopy might fit.

But then I doubt you'd have anything to do with such a machine, would you Chris?  ;D ;)

Strangely I have built a couple of the Hasegawa example back in the day. It was the boxing with the red/blue example (prototype ?) on the lid. Shows how long ago that was and yes I saved the canopy in my spares box when I broke it up.

I did look through my clear parts spares boxes and there was nowt in there that was suitable. The main problem is that the fuselage opening is surprisingly wide. Still its on now.

NARSES2

Started on the fairing in now and it's going to take a bit of time  :-\ Also got a few pin holes filled that were shown up by the first primer coat.

Not surprisingly the canopy issue has knocked the stuffing out of me a little bit regarding this build, it had gone so well, perhaps to well, before that. Still it will get finished, but it's going to have to share bench time with a few other projects now.