Farley Fairy Penguin - Movie Star! Finished Pictures Page 4.

Started by zenrat, June 13, 2020, 06:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 15, 2020, 03:11:29 AM
You taking lessons from Dizzy, Fred? :unsure:

Not really.  I deliberately used mostly good fitting new era Airfix parts with minimal modification and avoided major PSR.  I have no idea how DIzz can produce his PSR heavy builds in such short time.
I find painting takes me most of the week and so aimed to get the building finished as quickly as possible.

Very cool! :mellow: :thumbsup:

Thank you.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

comrade harps

Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: comrade harps on June 15, 2020, 04:19:26 AM
:wub: the Hercules on that!

Yes.  I'm thinking how a Hercules powered Gladiator monoplane with Hurricane rag-wings would look.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

That's looking suitably awesome already, without ANY paint!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2020, 04:41:16 AM
Quote from: comrade harps on June 15, 2020, 04:19:26 AM
:wub: the Hercules on that!

Yes.  I'm thinking how a Hercules powered Gladiator monoplane with Hurricane rag-wings would look.

A bit like their F5/34 ? Which I've built the Magna kit of.

http://www.aviastar.org/air/england/gloster_f5-34.php

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Can you flip the engine, so that teh exhaust is on the port side and the intake underneath?  I've a feeling it'll block the pilot view.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Gladiator based and on skis.  Did Farley ever sell any to the Finns?  It's looking extremely interesting, whoever owns it.  Another Zenrat Industries triumph.........and I'm waiting for the backstory on this one, too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 15, 2020, 06:37:55 AM
Can you flip the engine, so that teh exhaust is on the port side and the intake underneath?  I've a feeling it'll block the pilot view.

I could, that would put the exhaust high on the left and it would probably foul the rotor head supports.  But would Farley have considered such trivialities as pilot view?
TBH I made the intake too large when I scratched it up.  I would make a much more slimline version next time.

There is a clue as to the end user in the thread title.

Here's some paint.
Farley Fairy Penguin WIP 16-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Why not rotate the engine 90⁰ clockwise (pilot's view) & have the intake on the starboard side & the exhaust underneath? :unsure:

From what I can gather Farley wouldn't be overly concerned with things like "gravity-feed" or "oil drainage" or "fouling", either. :angel:

NB: No, I don't expect you to come to a screeching halt & redo what's been done. Mk.II, perchance? ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thought of that.  The Gladiator fuselage is deeper than it is wide and if the engine is mounted centered as the original was then the Beaufighter's hedgehog exhaust fouls the planes belly.

A simple solution would be to move the intake to a position opposite the exhaust.  Just make new cooling flaps to fill the gap where the Beau one was.
Fred

Rheged

A movie star...........sounds interesting..............as long as it doesn't end up being used in movies as the Capelis XC-12 was!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capelis_XC-12
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2020, 02:12:27 AM
There is a clue as to the end user in the thread title.

Republic of Hollywood Air Force?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

All will be revealed.   :-X

I lost my morning session at the bench today due to being called into work early  :banghead:
However, I got another coat of white on when I got home.
Only upper surfaces will be white.  Sides and underside will be RLM shades.

I've painted the skis and rotors silver and added a coat of hairspray to them,  I've also painted the prop and the pilot and started painting a pair of missiles.

Decals will be from my stash and will tie in with the movie's subject and with three previous builds.   ;)

Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit