F-86 Sabre, Indian Air Force **FIISHED** pics pg. 5

Started by TheChronicOne, June 13, 2020, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

What if the Indian Air Force used the F-86 instead of .... whatever? 

This SHOULD be an easy building kit.

Paint scheme? Something like this.

Antonis Karadis
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

A most interesting idea. In the 1965 Indo/Pakistani war we would have seen Sabre against Sabre combats. What might the results have been?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

I reckon a Sabre would have won..............  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

;D

On that note, I'm back to fix a mistake I made. I'm using "stuff" from a MiG-21 decal sheet but my question is wrong; the Sabre wouldn't be swapped out with a MiG-21 but rather whatever they had in the 50's I guess. Not that they couldn't have still been in operation by time the 21s were introduced but that the Vampire or something is probably more likely what would be "swapped out" with a Sabre. 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Most likely Ouragons, or Mystere IVs later on?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!! I don't know a heck of a lot about the Indian Air Force so I suppose this will be a good opportunity to learn some new stuff. That's one of the cool side effects of the hobby.
-Sprues McDuck-

TallEng

I think you'll find that the Indian Air Force flew Hawker Hunters in the time frame you are thinking of.
Funnily enough the Indians ordered Hunters the same time as Pakistan ordered Sabre's.
Around about 1958. They were camouflaged in the standard RAF Dark sea grey/Dark green with high speed silver
Undersides.
So if the Indians had Sabre's does that mean Pakistan had Hunters in your Time Line? ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Hunter vs Sabre.  Who wins?

That's a very old boxing of that mould BradC.  Might even be the original '66 release.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Hunters was another I was thinking of when I was also thinking of Vampires. But.....    I rather like the mirror-match idea like Jim was talking about. Maybe through some weird chain of events we have Sabre duels!  Seems pretty fitting if you ask me!

Yeah this kit thing here looks pretty old.... that's pretty sweet to know it could be one of the first runs!    bonus is the parts should be nice and crisp, what with being from fresh moulds and all. The box is weird.... not the two part affair but the more flimsy "folded ends" type. Good to rescue an old kit and somewhat of a novelty to build up an "original" or whatever. 

EDIT:   mixed up my three letter names.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Well now.. this is just cool.  It may be par for the course for many but I personally have never had a kit with a pilot moulded right into the ejection seat like this. I dig the hell out of this.

Terrible picture, sorry. I'll have a better one once I paint it.  <_<
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Side-opening box? Mine is the two part deal, but i've noticed the differences, mine was packed in Englad by Halles. Where your box has the minicraft logo, mine ha the halles one. No idea of which one is older.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

A A Hales were the original Hasegawa distributors in the UK, and did a pretty good job of it as I recall. They were VERY good in providing review kits.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Didn't that kit end up in  Frog box for a time when Hasegawa and Frog had their tie up?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 14, 2020, 05:45:50 AM

Didn't that kit end up in  Frog box for a time when Hasegawa and Frog had their tie up?

I'm not 100% sure. The FROG Sabre didn't have any wheel wells, so does that one?

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Oh, a potential interpretation of IAF C992, a phantom aircraft that only exists on B/W pictures, at best, with SO many suggestion what this Fishbed might have actually looked like.  :wacko:

At first you had my curiosity, now you got my attention.  ;)